The one-day SFG Kettlebell Course is more than entry-level user instruction for the AK-47 of exercise equipment—the kettlebell. It is education in moving strong.
No previous kettlebell experience is required. No matter what your goals are, we strongly urge you to take this Course. On one end of the spectrum, subtleties taught in this Course have been instrumental in helping Donnie Thompson make a breakthrough in strength while making back problems a thing of the past—and eventually breaking the 3,000 pound world superheavyweight powerlifting total record. On the other end is Tracy Reifkind, who lost over 100 pounds in less than a year.
- Kettlebell training safety procedures.
- Essential joint mobility exercises.
- Sophisticated breathing techniques for strength, back safety, endurance, and reducing the stress level.
- “Hip-centric” (McGill) movement, a must for strength and back health.
- Strength Stretching™ principles and key exercises which enable greater expression of strength while dramatically reducing the back, hip, and knee stress.
- “Lat-centric” shoulder mechanics which protect the shoulder while significantly increasing strength.
- The most “functional” exercise—the deadlift.
- A powerful drill for strengthening the feet and the ankles and injury proofing the hamstrings—the one-leg deadlift.
- The single most beneficial exercise anyone can do—the swing.
- The get-up—your strongman mentor.
- The most foolproof squat—the goblet squat.
- A foundation for barbell skills (this course is a prerequisite for our barbell course).
- What GPP really is and how to program it. Misunderstanding of general physical preparation, prevalent in the West, even among coaches, prevents one from reaching his or her athletic potential and predisposes him or her to injuries.
- The principles of effective program design refined and condensed from the Russian methodology.
- A number of foolproof program design tools and sample programs for a variety of training goals.
KETTLEBELL POWER TO YOU!
SFG Kettlebell Course – December 7, 2013 – Anchorage, AK
SFG Kettlebell Course – January 18, 2014 – Burr Ridge, IL
SFG Kettlebell Course – January 19, 2014 – Peachtree City, GA
SFG Kettlebell Course – January 19, 2014 – Seattle, WA
SFG Kettlebell Course – January 25, 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
SFG Kettlebell Course – January 26, 2014 – Chandler, AZ
SFG Kettlebell Course – February 1, 2014 – Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
SFG Kettlebell Course – February 9, 2014 – New York, NY
SFG Kettlebell Course – February 22, 2014 – Milwaukee, WI
SFG Kettlebell Course – February 22, 2014 – King of Prussia, PA
SFG Kettlebell Course – February 22, 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
SFG Kettlebell Course – March 2, 2014 – Orlando, FL
SFG Kettlebell Course – March 15, 2014 – Cincinnati, OH
SFG Kettlebell Course – March 22, 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
SFG Kettlebell Course – March 22, 2014 – San Diego, CA
SFG Kettlebell Course – April 19, 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
SFG Kettlebell Course – May 17, 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
SFG Kettlebell Course – June 28, 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
SFG Kettlebell Course – September 21, 2014 – Somerville, MA
Theodore Roosevelt got it right:
“Do what you can with what you have where you are.”
StrongFirst Bodyweight Courses teach how to get a powerlifting-quality workout anywhere, anytime, using one’s bodyweight as resistance. More importantly, they distill the principles of StrongFirst and reverse-engineer the body language of the strong. These principles have a great range of applications towards lifting various implements and generating force in athletic skills.
The curriculum was developed by Pavel Tsatsouline. The Courses are taught by select members of the StrongFirst instructor cadre.
- State-of-the-art abdominal exercises.
- Beginner to advanced progressions for the “bodyweight powerlifts”: the one-arm pushup, the pistol, and the tactical pull-up.
- The principles of an effective bodyweight strength program design, refined and condensed from the Russian methodology.
- Most importantly, take a big step towards body mastery by reverse-engineering the body language of elite gymnasts.
In case civilization is temporary.™
SFB Bodyweight Course – January 18, 2014 – Huntington Beach, CA
SFB Bodyweight Course – January 26, 2014 – Minneapolis, MN
SFB Bodyweight Course – February 22, 2014 – Columbia, MD
SFB Bodyweight Course – March 1, 2014 – Delano, MN
SFB Bodyweight Course – March 22, 2014 – Boston, MA
Do you choose to maximize your strength potential?—Enter the barbell!
The StrongFirst barbell course is the place to learn how to do it—and do it right.
At StrongFirst we take exercises apart and put them back together strong. Louie Simmons, one of the world’s leading powerlifting coaches, once said to our chairman: “You have reverse-engineered what my strongest guys do naturally.” Our cues and progressions are one of a kind in the industry and the learning curve of our students is the steepest. Guaranteed.
The course has been especially designed for men and women with basic kettlebell skills and zero barbell experience. (But you are just as welcome if you have been fooling around with the bar for years and are ready to finally get strong.)
Unlike in our certs, there are no strength requirements, but you need some kettlebell experience. Because the kettlebell is the entry point into strength. Properly used, it teaches priceless movement lessons that prepare one for safe and effective barbell training. Before you sign up for the barbell course, you need to be competent with the following StrongFirst basic kettlebell lifts and skills: swing, goblet squat, bracing, and shoulder packing. This will enable your instructor to focus on teaching you the intricacies of barbell lifting instead of laying down the fundamentals of moving strong. You can learn these fundamentals at a kettlebell course or from a certified kettlebell instructor. No proof of kettlebell skills is required.
You will learn the professional technique in the following fundamental lifts:
The deadlift is the ultimate test of strength and one of the most powerful strength builders for the whole body. It is the lower body exercise of choice for athletes who must maximize their strength with minimal muscle gain.
- Back Squat
The back squat is the most powerful leg strength developer, bar none, and the number one exercise for building muscle mass.
- Military Press
The military press is a classic test of upper body strength and a powerful strength builder. StrongFirst teaches the state of the art technique used by Soviet weightlifters in the golden era of the strict overhead press.
Once you have the barbell lifts’ technique down, we will teach you a nearly foolproof programming template that will guide you through your first year under the bar.
Courses are taught by a hand picked cadre of high-end professionals in a friendly atmosphere found only around strong people who have nothing to prove.
Power to you!