all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Hand care (CMMcFarlane)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Recently got an electric pumice stone roller thing on groupon for like 15 bucks. Best thing I've ever owned. Completed in minutes. No more half hour manual stone sessions.

(Completely forgot to mention while I was extolling the virtues of the tape and its tenacity for the duration of the workout that I sweat like Mike Tyson taking an SAT during the 500s, and the stuff stays right where it's supposed to.)

I'm filing down my calluses daily and I'm yet to tear one, but my hands absolutely kill me. Specifically on my palm just below my fingers where my calluses are.

This killed my motivation to train today. Is this something that eventually goes away? I've had these calluses for years so it's not like I'm working with hand model hands.

Besides filing them I found Corn Huskers to be helpful to keep that skin from getting so hard that it hurts.

Reactions: 1FG
I use a carpet knife with a retractable blade for my calluses. It works really well to keep them from growing too big. I do recommend a steady hand and a cool mind when doing the shaving, but it's really easy and has always been 100% safe for me.

I use a callous shaver and a small Dremel tool with a coarse sanding bit on it. I bought the Dremel to trim my dogs nails and I tried it on my messed up calloused hand and it worked great.

For me pull ups are way harder on my hand than any kettlebell movement.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom