all posts post new thread

Nutrition Food for abs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If by "better" you mean stronger and perhaps more visible, I submit thus:

Eat enough carbs to fuel productive strength and strength endurance sessions, no more.
Eat enough protein to support muscle mass, no more.
Eat enough fat to keep your hormonal health robust, no more.

To find out exactly what "enough" is for you, consult a nutrition professional.

Hello,

@mike fitness 01
What do you reccommend I eat to get better abs?
Is it for a "six pack" ?
Low carbs (excepted from vegetables and some fruits (no more than 2 or 3 a day)) : so, no rice, no bread, no junk food, no pasta and so on
Then, fat for energy and protein for muscle definition.

Then, physical training. It seems than ketonic diet or warrior diet works well with S&S, @Pavel Macek right ;) ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet' Not necessarily ketogenic or Warrior Diet (both have their respective specific rules), but intermittent fasting and high fat/medium protein/low carb adult eating, yes.

@pet' Not necessarily ketogenic or Warrior Diet (both have their respective specific rules), but intermittent fasting and high fat/medium protein/low carb adult eating, yes.
@Pavel Macek How do you define this? Macro percentage? Grams per kilo bodyweight? My guess would be 50%+ fat, 40% protein, 10% carb (veggies and occasional fruit)?

@Sean M Different people, different %. I personally do not count any macros, %, grams per kilo BW etc. Because I eat real food, my body tells me to have extra this or that. Some days I eat just a little bit of meat, and LOTS of vegetables, other days the exact opposite.

@Sean M Different people, different %. I personally do not count any macros, %, grams per kilo BW etc. Because I eat real food, my body tells me to have extra this or that. Some days I eat just a little bit of meat, and LOTS of vegetables, other days the exact opposite.
I suspected you would say that :p

Maybe there would be a market for ab food

If it came in a plastic bucket with a picture of a six pack on it, I'm sure people would buy it.

New Improved Ab Food Plus
Get ripped even faster!

Hello,

Beyond abs we see, we can consider fat we have.

Of course, we all have fat. Plus, it is necessary to have a little of course.

However, strong abs (meaning thanks to S&S, weightlifting, front lever, dragon flags and so on) are not everything. Indeed, having strong abs does not prevent to have enough fat around them to make them totally invisible.

Then, strong AND visible abs mean you do not have a lot of fat to carry when you run, when you do a pull up, etc... I precise here that a drawback could be a too significant fast (for fat loss) which could tend to lowering energy and increasing fatigue.

To a certain extent, visible abs, if combined with a real and proper strength training CAN mean a good muscle mass / total mass ratio.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

A "six pack" is IMO 70% of diet 20% of exercise and 10% of genetics.

For example, my Madame has abs almost as visible as mine, even if she does not do ab training at all. She only walks a lot. This underlines the genetics.

Then, she naturally eats "low carb" (pretty high fat and proteins, lots of veggies, some fruits).

What would it be if she'd do S&S !

Kind regards,

Pet'

My best (most visible) abs were produced following the Warrior Diet with my main meal consisting of an abundance of nuts and vegetables, so... Yeah, high fat, medium protein, low carb (but very high fiber). This was really enjoyable and effortless, but I can't quite stick to it now because...

...My experience up till now however has shown me that such an eating schedule (i.e. fasting in some way) works best when your eating window can be the same every day, so basically, no shift work with an erratic sleep schedule like I now have.

I'm experimenting with other methods now, but hopefully I can eventually inform the Forum that I've cracked my code to effortlessly staying lean (again).

Hello,

I use 16/8 window at the moment because it fits pretty well on my schedule.

As @Harry Westgate said, this kind of diet has a better probability of working if you have a quite stable schedule.

I'm experimenting with other methods now
What are there ? New eating windows ? New macros ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom