all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebells and pregnancy

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Colleen

First Post
Hi! I recently moved from Chicago where I had an AWESOME SFG certified coach. I now live in Western Michigan and there aren't any within 75 miles of my home. I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and looking for coaching resources to maintain strength safely while pregnant. I was training for my own SFGI prior to getting pregnant and don't want to lose that momentum --- if I can help it. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Hi Colleen - sounds like you've had a lot of big changes recently! I think the first question to ask is about your doctor's advice on training through pregnancy. At our gym we've trained a handful of women through pregnancy, some all the way up to 48 hours before delivery, others, at their doctor's advice, we've basically not trained at all once they learned of their pregnancy. I'm working with one woman right now who trains KB's once per week with me and also takes a couple of our classes, and it's all within her doctor's approval. What guidelines have you been given?

Luckily, I have no activity restrictions from my doc! We've openly discussed my level of physical activity and she supports it as long as I feel good. I've put a few on myself based on what feels good for my body now - I don't run and I don't do twisting ab exercises, but that is about it!

@Colleen - Congrats!

If I'm not mistaken, Yoana Teran and Lauren Brooks have some info on kettle training while pregnant.

You may also get some good response by posting this question in the StrongFirst Training Facebook Group!

PS - Please brag on your coach in Chicago. Who was it?

@Colleen - Congrats!

If I'm not mistaken, Yoana Teran and Lauren Brooks have some info on kettle training while pregnant.

You may also get some good response by posting this question in the StrongFirst Training Facebook Group!

PS - Please brag on your coach in Chicago. Who was it?

Yoana is awesome. My wife is 5 and a half months pregnand and following "kettlebell mommy"

SFGTLs Artemis Scantalides, Valerie Hedlund and chief SFB @Karen Smith are also great resources

@Zack - My coaches were Sean Griffin, Grant Anderson, and Steve Carlson at Chicago Primal Gym. They were the BEST!

@Mark - Thanks so much for the info!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom