all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Multiple Get Ups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

yorkshirecomrade

Level 5 Valued Member
Embarking on Jay Weedall 2nd phase of the multiple get up routine.

I've completed the first 4 weeks (which entail singles only) and on Monday I will start the second phase which will be the beginning of the multiples, really looking forward to see how I develop through this.

My get up max was 28 before I started so my weights are fairly low compared to most.

I too am beginning the multiple get ups on one side, tried a 20kg for 2 reps with success and 16kg for 3 reps. Slowly ramping it up in volume before going heavy....

Before this week, my max was a 28kg (basically as that was all I had), but tried a 32kg this week, with good success, so pleased with that.

I don't recall seeing it, or knowing what it is. I am simply doing multiples per side instead of alternating in my practice sessions...

@yorkshirecomrade

I'm running Jay's programme (the get-up part anyway). I'm hoping it will help me make the jump from 32 to 40 kg, I've been stuck for a while!

I estimated my max as 36 kg because I can do 10 reps @ 32 pretty much any day but I can't do 40 kg.

Just in the final week of the singles phase, so I'm interested to see how multiples feel next week.

I'll report back when completed.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom