all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Your Pile of Bells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Flavius

Level 4 Valued Member
I'll be looking to expand my pile of bells in the near future and, you save money buying them more than one at a time so I'm curious to ask.
What is in your pile of bells? Which ones do you actually use?

My current KB Pile:
1 x 25lb CAP
2 x 16kg CAP
1 x 24kg Rogue
1 x 32kg Rogue

Haven't touched the 25lb in months. I'm currently using the 24 for S&S and double 16's for complexes when I need a variety day.

26kg Peform Better
Double 32kg Rogue
40kg RKC
60kg Perform Better

I go back and forth several times a day with do I want more or do I want less?

I just want one really.

Rarely use the 60, bought it at a large discount and no shipping. Advertised it several times on Craigslist at a great price and no takers.

I have a few KB's and I have not used them in a while. I got back to using them a few weeks ago and realized how much I missed training with them and how effective they can be. I used to train with them all the time some years ago but got into barbells and then bodyweight training. All good experience.
1- 16kg CFF
2- 24kg DD
2- 32kg DD
2- 40kg DD
I am thinking about getting a 20kg for the ROP. I'm using my 24kg and slowly adding reps. I could probably progress a bit faster with the 20kg. My 16kg is too light...

We have, in kilograms, 8, 12, 16, 2*24, 28, 32 and 40. Most of the work is done on the 32 or the 40. I'd love to get a second 32 and a 48, but shipping costs are horrible and the local stores don't really carry anything heavier anymore.

One more angle. I rarely find anyone that is interested. When I invite people over to train they are stunned by the equipment I have, for such a seemingly small house. My wife has been wanting to develop the basement for a while, but I am resisting for now. She has the rest of the house, I have my gym.
image.jpeg

All nestled underneath my dip bars, and surrounding my bike:
16kg no name brand from amazon - pretty good quality (would be 2 but the partner has been loaned out to my Dad)
20kg same as above
24kg X 2 DD, from different generations of coating apparently
32kg X 2 Wolverson Fitness black series - totally my favourites
40kg second hand dragondoor with most of the coating sanded off the handle
48kg Kettlebell fever black series - the grip on this handle is insane and will strip your hands if they are deconditioned, but pretty good.

I would say that I like to use the heavier ones more, but due to some very recent injury the heaviest I'll be using for the next month or so will be 24kgs, really need to not get impatient and think I can handle more as I rehab.

1- 10 lb plastic kettlebell. Bought this a long time ago before I even knew what to do with them, but I actually use it often to practice movements.
1 - 12kg Perform Better
2 - 16kg Perform Better - These were good to have 2 for doubles work, especially for my SFG prep.
1 - 20kg Rogue
1 - 24kg Perform Better
1- 24kg Rogue Competition bell. The newest addition; I thought I'd try this for snatches since I'm working with 24kg on the 201 protocol.
1- 32kg Rogue. This was my workhorse for the 103 and 104b swing protocols.

Pretty happy with my home collection... though I do at least 75% of my kettlebell work at the gym, where there is a complete selection of all sizes all the way up to 68kg.

Too many kettlebells to count - enough that 4 or 5 people can usually workout together in my basement. At least a pair each in 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, and 44 kg. A single 48 kg, 4-6 each in common sizes: 12, 16 20, 24 kg.

And all sorts of other stuff - power rack, squat stands, several standard Oly bars, a custom hip lift bar, a few lighter/shorter bars, fixed Dumbbells in 5 lb. increments in pair up to 50 lbs, Apple boxes to adjust pull-up height, several dipping belts, rings, bands, a couple of benches - and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

-S-

16, 24, 32, 40, 48

Keep it simple, I reckon. If I press the 48 I might think about doubles?

All see regular use. 16kg is good for armbars, 24kg is good for some warmup exercises.

4,8,16,20,24,28,32,40,48 kg

I use them all in various combinations for pullups.

I can't press the beast yet, but I'm closing in with stacked singles @40 + 4kg

@Steve Freides Could you please describe the custom hip lift barbell? Do you use it for the barbell hip thrust? I recently replaced the glute bridge with heavy barbell hip thrusts. I used to use them in my warmup all the time, and I missed them. The unweighted glute bridge did nothing to get the hips firing.

The hip lift is a USAWA contested thing - you can check it out in their rule book. I've done over 1000 lbs. in competition and the big guys do more than double that. You have a special bar with a hook in the middle, and you connect that to a hip belt while you straddle the bar. All you have to do is get it off the ground and steady for a moment.

http://www.usawa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/RULEBOOK-8th-Edition.pdf

The picture right at the beginning is a hip lift, but if you search for that, you'll find a better description than I just gave you.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom