all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Starting BACK over

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JoeO

Level 4 Valued Member
After a three month lay off due to back pain and 1 month corrective work done with a chiropractor to correct a lateral pelvic tilt...I'm just about to be released by the chiropractor to start back practice.
I would like to spend the first period ensuring that I strengthen the lower back /pelvis so as to ensure once I start S&S I don't have to stop again.

My question is : based on experience what would be some of the exercises that would lend themselves to tightening and strengthening up my pelvis lower back

Thx much

Joe, search for Stuart McGill's Big 3 Low Back exercises...designed by foremost back/spine expert to strengthen the lower back safely. No sense causing more damage. Also, keep track of form religiously going forward on all movements to make sure there's no relapse.

Thank you both-It looks like I will Start with McGills and work in the Goodman foundation and evolve to Geoffes recc-and hopefully start back S&S in a month or so

Thx again

Rgds

You might want to google Foundation Training. They have a website and free stuff on YouTube. I have done some of this and it's great for the back. The person who developed this is Dr. Eric Goodman. It's a hybrid of yoga and Tai Chi. A lot of people have found this to be very effective in alleviating back pain. The core exercise is called the "Founder" which is a hip hinge. Sound familiar???

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom