all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 24kg OAS form check please

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Strong Rick

Level 9 Valued Member
hey guys you did such a great job giving me info last week I decided to have you guys critique my form on one arm swings. My 6 year old taped me tonight.

@Strong Rick, if your phone is like my phone, when you click the button to send the video somewhere, one of the options is YouTube - do that, or post it to another publicly-viewable place, then include a link to the uploaded video in your message here and we will all be able to see it.

-S-

Ok- I think I figured it out.
Comment away people and let me know where I need help.... Again my 6 year old tapped me so keep that in mind

Left hand

Right hand

I have my 24kg right hand and left hand swings attached. Forgive my mistake but I mis marked them as to which one was right hand and which one was my left....

@StrongRick, I would work on your hip mobility - would like to see a video of your goblet squat and think a lot of prying goblet squats with a focus on keeping good posture (tall spine) will help your swing.

Why? Because you need more hips in your swing, but I don't think you have the mobility to sit back into your swings deeper without rounding your back. That's my guess based on what I watched.

But overall, you're doing a proper hard style swing and have made a good start, and you should carry on doing them.

How much did you have to pay the cameraman? :)

-S-

+1.

Your swing form is safe, but you don't sit back into the hinge nearly as much as you should.

Thanks @Steve Freides ans @Steve W.

In my mind I guess I was afraid to make it to "squaty" that is the one of the reasons why I think maybe there is not enough sitting down and back.

I will work on my swing and hip mobility, thanks again guys!

FYI- it didn't cost me too much for the cameraman.... He likes working out with Dad!

you are doing things safely so that's a start. try swinging to chest level instead of shoulder level..

definitely work on hip mobility as @Steve Freides mentioned. the tactical frog from flexible steel and the shinbox are great choices

@Steve Freides, the shinbox is a sitting position where the shins more or less form a 90 degree angle to one another. Think of the 90/90 stretch from S&S, but with the legs closer together, sitting upright. Tim Anderson likes this position shifting from one side to the other, or incorporating it with rolling and rocking variations.

Ok. Shinbox. I do that whenever I'm sitting the floor for a while.

-S-

Please check out and offer up and suggestions on how I can improve this swing.

I tried to use more hip movement without rounding my back.... Let me know what you guys think. Better,worse or the the same.

Thanks in advance

Need taller chest, both at the start and each hinge, it helps make you sit back a little more.

Think of a tie down strap attached to the base of your neck and lumbar region, reel that in tighter.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom