all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Hardstyle Kettlebell Row

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I am not sure this is what you're looking for, but in Pavel's "More Russian Kettlebell Challenges," which was released on video tape more than a decade ago, you will find a knee-supported row.

-S-

I'm not even gonna question Dan John, but when I want to do rows, I do them bent over. If I want to train power and (seldom) have an appropriate floor under me, the best choice for me is the Pendlay row, that I find is better trained with a barbell but can be done with two kettlebells too. Plus to facilitate the anti rotation I always prefer to double the bells.

There is also the row Pavel describes to use in the total tension complex. It's a plank where you grab the handles of 2 kbs and row with one whilst stabilising the other atop a kb.

@ali it's a renegare row and can be done with dumbells too. To me it's a great core exercise, not so much as a row because (at leas for me) having to use all that tension spread across the whole body limits the weight I can lift too much. If I want to gain the benefits of a compound movement like the row, I prefer to focus on the actual muscle groups it's supposed to trian.
Not to give anything away form the renegade row, it just doesn't fit for me.

Yes, guess there is a limit to how much you can row.....that is without having a kettlebell shaped indentation in your forehead, no teeth and a broken wrist!

There is also the row Pavel describes to use in the total tension complex. It's a plank where you grab the handles of 2 kbs and row with one whilst stabilising the other atop a kb.

Yes the renegade row is awesome! It demands strength both in your core, stabilizers and back to row one side while keeping the other kettlebell fixed on the floor with the other arm stabilizing through tension in a plank position. Just as in a one arm row, try to minimize or eliminate rotation of your body, which also requires strength to achieve. This is more advanced of a row so work up to it by progressing from a row with your hand on one bell which is on its side, then row with the other. As stated in the Total Tension Complex it is better to start slow than to face plant or break your wrist from lost balance!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom