all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S and Resting HR

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

FireMedic1939

Level 1 Valued Member
Eight days ago, I started S&S again after a 12 week break. I wear a Fitbit Surge, using it mostly to track my HR. Attached is a graph from my Fitbit app that shows my resting HR for the last month.

On my second day of 10x10 2H swings on the minute with a 40kg bell, my Resting HR started dropping. It has dropped from an average of 65 to 59 as of today.

When I stopped S&S before, my Resting HR was in the low 50's. I had the same scenario as now. Consistent swings were the key.

How is the rapid decrease in resting HR explained? Nothing else in my daily life has changed....

image.png image.png

I would think reduced resting hr is from stronger heart muscle and/or more efficient/effective nerve impulses to heart. Not sure what mine was before I started a year ago last Spring (I think low 50's) but now after 1 1/2 years of 10X10 swings it is in very low 40's i.e. 40-42

Sets of Swings/Snatches with adequate rest seems to have some very positive effects on the heart.

Since beginning of this year, I am immersed into @aciampa' s A+A protocols. I started with 2 swing protocols, now I am in my third snatch protocol. I measure my resting hr frequently. Beginning of 2016 it was around low 60bpm. With beginning of my second swing cycle, there was almost out of a sudden a drop of 10bpm in resting hr. I did 50kg one hand swings in sets of five, EMOM.

Now (after 9 months of A+A) my resting hr is mid to low 40bpm. This was without any LSD or traditional cardio. I am more than pleased with that.

Sets of Swings/Snatches with adequate rest seems to have some very positive effects on the heart.

Since beginning of this year, I am immersed into @aciampa' s A+A protocols. I started with 2 swing protocols, now I am in my third snatch protocol. I measure my resting hr frequently. Beginning of 2016 it was around low 60bpm. With beginning of my second swing cycle, there was almost out of a sudden a drop of 10bpm in resting hr. I did 50kg one hand swings in sets of five, EMOM.

Now (after 9 months of A+A) my resting hr is mid to low 40bpm. This was without any LSD or traditional cardio. I am more than pleased with that.

That's incredible Harald. If there's any truth to the 1.5 billion heartbeats theory you just gained 25 years of life ;)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom