all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Chuck Taylor II's not doing very well

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Rookie question here gentlemen,

How can you tell the difference between them? I have to order my chucks online and it never says anything like version 2, etc. Did I miss something? Or will it be obvious? They all still look and feel the same as previous chuck t's.

Thanks for your time.

Rookie question here gentlemen,

How can you tell the difference between them? I have to order my chucks online and it never says anything like version 2, etc. Did I miss something? Or will it be obvious? They all still look and feel the same as previous chuck t's.

Thanks for your time.
I believe the difference is that they have added an internal/hidden heel lift, rather the the traditional zero drop.

Will it say anything different on the box, sir?

Sorry, I couldn't say. I'm operating on second hand knowledge. Chucks are way too narrow for my foot. :(

As an aside if pull out you insole and step on it (or you turn your shoe over and step on the bottom of the opposite shoe) if you can't see sole all the way around it's definitely too narrow whether it feels like it or not. That knowledge could have saved me a lot of foot trouble.

Sorry, I couldn't say. I'm operating on second hand knowledge. Chucks are way too narrow for my foot. :(

As an aside if pull out you insole and step on it (or you turn your shoe over and step on the bottom of the opposite shoe) if you can't see sole all the way around it's definitely too narrow whether it feels like it or not. That knowledge could have saved me a lot of foot trouble.

Got it. Thanks sir.

I only ever had the too narrow problem with New Balance minimalist shoes; I destroyed 4 pairs before REI told me NO.
I've been rocking Chucks since 2004. =] Black monochrome is part of my uniform.

Based on a quick Google search:
The new ones are called the Chuck II (they seem to have dropped the "Taylor" for the newer model) and the list price is $75, vs $50 for the traditional ones. The main difference is a more cushiony insole, and there are also some differences in the fabrics used and the construction of the tongue. Looking at pictures and reading descriptions, I would think the differences would be obvious if you had them in your hands (or on your feet) and were familiar with the originals.

My favorite casual and training shoes are Vans skateboard shoes, and Vans is doing the same kind of thing -- coming out with a line that looks like their classic designs, but with a thick cushiony insole. Luckily they still sell the traditional ones, and the new ones actually fit and work well if I replace the stock insole with a thin flat one. The new ones have a tighter, lower volume fit with the thick stock insoles, so they fit me much better, and more similar to the originals, with thinner flat replacement insoles.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom