all posts post new thread

Kettlebell They're like rabbits I tell you....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bonkin

Level 3 Valued Member
Make sure you keep them away from each other - my two kettle bells (12 and 16) have now turned into seven!

The family has expanded to: 6, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, and 28. Just one more to go to be prepared for Simple.

IMG_0684.jpg

Nice family photo, @Bonkin, but give yourself a few more years and your family will grow even further. I recommend owning at least pairs in common sizes, and we have 4 of some sizes here so more than one person can train at one time.

-S-

Having a variety of sizes of bells is great. I have a wide variety of singles, and doubles from 8kg-64kg.

The thread's title is just hilarious! :D
Nice fam, Bonkin! Can't wait until daddy (32 kg) comes back home!

I think you already said this in your training log, but are these kettlebells by Rogue, Kettlebell King or American Barbell? Look like Rouge's to me. It's the most available brand to get monster bells (above 48 kg) here in Italy.

Haha. Big daddy will come home soon enough!

The purple ringed one on the left-side in the back (you can barely see the purple) is from Kettlebell Kings. All the rest are from Rogue. The finish on the KBK is a little smoother - which I don't like for swings, but I'm reserving my final opinion until after I learn to practice other exercises like the snatch (waiting until Simple is done or nearly done).

Don't think that I haven't considered replacing it just for that reason. Sometimes I try to outsmart my OCD by leaving things like that, so we will see. Also, don't be surprised if my OCD outsmarts me.

Nice bells Bonkin!
and this OCD discussion is already making mine flare up... please stop

my first bell was from Dicks Sporting goods and it is a blue rubber coated 16kg bell... it sits in the back in a "timeout" because drives me crazy that I bought it.

One more for the OCD: 16 kg pair is from another brand and, although they were the first two I bought in 2013 and never had the proper love until february 2015 really, I cannot stand them. Plus, being them somewhat cheap, one has a smooth as hell handle and the other one is good enough to peal the cortex away from a tree. At least they're black as the 24s and the 32. Which are black coated, heavy chunks of iron. Sometimes I cuddle them, sometimes I don't, but I always love them.

I'm pretty sure I need an intervention or a 12-step program. Here is what I have:

4 kg (bought to get my wife and daughter interested in KBs)
8 kg (bought for same reason as the 4 kg)
12 kg (for my wife)
16 kg comp bell
20 kg comp bell
Pair of 24 kg comp bells
30 kg comp
Pair of 32 kg comp bells
36 kg
40 kg
Big Black - my 100 lbs. steel ball with an awkward handle - only good for swings
Kettlestack adjustable handle - great for swings but awkward for snatches and presses
T-Handle for loading Olympic plates - only good for swings but can be loaded crazy heavy.

Oh I also have the OCD problem. My two 32s are different brands and the one from MDUSA has a wider handle so there is actually a difference in how they feel. I too have considered selling just to calm my OCD.

I have the following ...
8kg and two 12kg, both from Agatsu in Canada, bought in 2007-2008 ish before they started dealing with competition bells
16kg x 2 (Aders)
20kg, 24kg, and 32kg all Aders. Swing the 32kg two handed for sh!ts and giggles sometimes, can't imagine women do this one handed for the Sinister goal, LOL!

don't know what it all costs total really, but sold fitness equipment and almost my firstborn to get them LOL!

I like lining them up, all tidy in a row, from my cute yellow 8kg all the way to Big Bertha the 32kg. Like Bonkin said, a nice happy family.

I have the following ...
8kg and two 12kg, both from Agatsu in Canada, bought in 2007-2008 ish before they started dealing with competition bells
16kg x 2 (Aders)
20kg, 24kg, and 32kg all Aders. Swing the 32kg two handed for sh!ts and giggles sometimes, can't imagine women do this one handed for the Sinister goal, LOL!

don't know what it all costs total really, but sold fitness equipment and almost my firstborn to get them LOL!

I like lining them up, all tidy in a row, from my cute yellow 8kg all the way to Big Bertha the 32kg. Like Bonkin said, a nice happy family.
I like the Aders. Just plain no nonsense iron.

I'm actually a big fan of the different shapes,sizes and finishes of all my bells. My pairs are the same as each other (though the 24s are from different dragondoor batches so the finish is tackier on one) but having a smooth 40kg handles and a grippy 48kg handle helped me a lot when I was doing s&s a few years ago.
I often consider selling a couple as they probably take up too much space in my tiny appartment, but then it feels like giving away a family pet.
My girlfriend's new 12kg from Wolverson is especially pretty and I get a bit jealous, but she has deemed it out of bounds to me until she can do 5TGUs each side with it.

@offwidth Do you live in Western Canada? I got all my bells through Fitness Depot, and Fitness Town, they are large warehouse stores. No name brands but awesome prices. They have standard, Russian, and competition style bells at great prices. I got my monster bells from Fitness Town, they have up to 68kg.

@offwidth Do you live in Western Canada? I got all my bells through Fitness Depot, and Fitness Town, they are large warehouse stores. No name brands but awesome prices. They have standard, Russian, and competition style bells at great prices. I got my monster bells from Fitness Town, they have up to 68kg.
Alas no Geoff. I used to for many years though. But thanks much for asking and for the info. 68kg! Holy smokes! I got enough troubles trying to stare down my 32...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom