all posts post new thread

Kettlebell New kettlebell day! 80 lb. Metrixx Classic

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JamesO

Level 5 Valued Member
Just two days after ordering, our new 80 lb. Metrixx Classic arrived from Kettlebells USA (granted, we're in the same state). We had a 62 lb. Metrixx bell from KB USA in our studio, and I couldn't tell it apart from the DD when I used them together, but still, I wasn't totally sure if lightening would strike twice. However, I couldn't be more happy with it. The E-coat is impeccable, and the handle is the smoothest, most consistently round handle on any of the bells we've had so far (which have all been Rogue, Punch, or Vulcan). If we order more traditional style bells, the Metrixx Classic* are the way we'll go! And I do hope to "earn" a Beast eventually by progressing through this.

*I asked KettlebellsUSA what the differences between the Metrixx Elite and Metrixx Classic were, thinking they'd be finish related. The VP responded and said the Elite's have a bigger window in the handle. I asked which more closely resembled DD since I couldn't tell the two 62's apart, and he said the Metrixx Classic.

IMG_4916.JPG

Last edited:
@JamesO thanks for the post, I'd wondered about the Metrixxx line. I have the DD, Perform Better, Rogue and Ader kbells in my courage corner. Been nosing around the web for options on a 40kg bulldog. Please advise how you like your 36kg after a session or two.
Jon

@JonS - This actually is a 40kg. I used it for the first time last night and really liked it. I can't get over how flawless the handle is, but it was a bit narrow. My ring fingers and pinkies were in the corner on both sides. I'd still recommend it by all means.

@JonS - This actually is a 40kg. I used it for the first time last night and really liked it. I can't get over how flawless the handle is, but it was a bit narrow. My ring fingers and pinkies were in the corner on both sides. I'd still recommend it by all means.
@JamesO thanks for the reply, good to know that these are a great option.

Metrixx classic are nice kbs. My only complaint with my 48 kg Metrixx is that the grip is too smooth and too round. It does not hold chalk at all. The RKC brand bells I use have asymmetrical grips and that asymmetry actually cause the bell to fit into my grip much more naturally during swings. The Metrixx handles are damn near perfectly round. But for TGU I find it hard to believe there is a better kb on the market than Metrixx.

Last edited:
I actually just ordered a 40kg kettlebell. I've been researching different options for weeks and since I live in Canada they were brutally slim. Shipping would often end up being $150+ alone. I finally found a good option from treadmillfactory.ca that had me end up spending 170 total to get a 40kg bell shipped to my door. I was expecting to have to ship it to the border and go pick it up myself.
The brand they carry is called Xtreme Monkey. They look exactly like the rogue ones with the colored strip around the handle and the big imprint on the front. Never heard of them before but for the price I couldn't say no.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom