all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Flat Dress Shoes

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kodo kb

Level 6 Valued Member
Hey all,

I need to get some new dress shoes, but everywhere I look there's always a raised heel. Do dress shoes that have converse-style bottoms exist? If not, anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
Josh

@CarlosH , those do look nice, but not quite as fancy as I'd like, as I'm looking for shoes for a wedding.

Vivo barefoot do some too. Be near a defibrillator when you see the price though.

Some of those look gorgeous, but they are on the expensive side. Maybe I'll stick it out with my current ones and save to buy a pair in a couple of months.

I wear all black Converse Allstars.

I don't think the bride or groom would be happy about that choice... :D

Any special reason for the flat sole? For the barefoot feel?

If you'd ask for a business shoe, because you're wearing a suit everyday for work then I'd say it's ok, but if it's just for the couple of hours at the wedding and then the occasional other events that only last a couple hours, too, than it's just not worth it IMO.
I like barefoot, too, but you can really overdo it...

As someone else who has successfully worn black Converse with a tuxedo, all I have to add is that for an extra touch of formality, I've applied Kiwi Honor Guard Edge Dressing (comes in a glass bottle) to the soles and toe, and it looked quite sharp indeed.

Actually @Tobias Wissmueller is pretty flashy as well (sorry Tobi)

Always happy to help out here. :cool:

Love my barefoot shoes and can recommend Vivobarefoot without any exception. They have indeed two models that go very well with a suit.

- Porto Rocker, normal and low
- Lisbon

Prices are high, but it really matches the quality. They regularly have sales with price drops of 30% or even more. Just watch their offers from time to time.

If you'd ask for a business shoe, because you're wearing a suit everyday for work then I'd say it's ok, but if it's just for the couple of hours at the wedding and then the occasional other events that only last a couple hours, too, than it's just not worth it IMO.
I like barefoot, too, but you can really overdo it...

It depends I would say. Am wearing barefoot shoes since almost two years. I was trying my old dress shoes lately, but there was no way my feet would fit in them. It hurt ...

Feet change when walking barefoot on a regular basis. They get wider and the arch gets higher as well. That is why barefoot shoes look, well, a bit "different" ...

If it's just for a wedding just go with the formalities. Thought you meant on a daily basis. I don't have smart zero drops, have some casual ones which I can get away with as being smart/casual in that no tie, open shirt, jeans/chinos and skinny latte business lunch type of thing. Not that I have businesses lunches, but you know.........but for weddings just wear whatever, wait until everyone is drunk and take them off if bothering you. There is always a point in the evening where the women kick off their high heels in a drunk protest at social conformity. Now pain free, and at a new safe height, a broken ankle is prevented doing the Macarena. Join the sisters. No one will care, dance the night away, everyone will be hammered.

Im with you. Smart shoes with no heel are so hard to find.

Did find some which were cheap but fell apart pretty quick so maybe if wearing a lot (like I would for work often 16 hour days sometimes nine plus days in a row) then the vivobarefoot are a good investment. Something im seriously considering as I find the amount i'm in smart shoes does impact my ankle flexibility

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom