all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
May 3

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju & Tuba 5 x 2 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 10 x 5 x 32 kg

Good, challenging session tonight. Not challenging like metcon, but more like stepping up to the S&S line and then recovering. I am truly enjoying this program.

May 5 & 6

Friday was a day off, and the weekend kinda got in the way of working out. Saturday was running errands in the morning, darts in the afternoon, & then over to my son's for dinner. Sunday afternoon was going to be a workout, but running an errand over to the Tighthead Brewery cancelled that process when the man pouring the beer offered me a beer called Old Kaya Dog, 10,3% abv. Needless to say, no kettlebells on Sunday.

May 7

Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju & Tuba 6 x 2 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 12 x 5 x 32 kg

Great session tonight. Just like the last session, it wasn't like a metcon, more like raising my heart rate, and recovering quickly. Almost like swings EMOM, just challenging enough.

It was amazing. I will definitely have one of those every time I go there from now on. The barrels this is aged in held Woodford Reserve Bourbon Whiskey.....so, yeah, all kinds of amazing.

Their description: Our American-Style Barleywine is brewed with massive amounts of barley malt, American hops and ale yeast to produce a malty beer with hints of light fruit and alcohol warmth. The beer is then aged in oak barrels for 12 months which adds flavors of vanilla, coconut and dark fruit as well as oak. This beer is not to be taken lightly and we hope you enjoy Old Kaya Dog as much as we do!

How was that Old Kaya Dog beer? Need more information *drooling emoji*.

May 9

Shoulder Dislocates
Commando Rocks
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju & Tuba 7 x 2 x 28 kg

Rough night of sleep, brutal day, and I had to stop after my presses. I was about as wiped as I have been for a while. I recovered soon enough, but with everything going on this week, it is time to take a few days off. This was a good session to end on for a few days. Strong, tiring, and yet smooth in performance.

May 15

Shoulder Dislocates
Commando Rocks
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju & Tuba 8 x 2 x 28 kg

Good to be back under the kettlebell tonight. The long drive over the weekend to Oklahoma was brutal. 10 hours each way, all that sitting really did a number on my mobility. I tried to stay stretched out, but those long hours in the truck were rough. I spent all day yesterday stretching, and finally loosened up this morning. So, I will just do S&T twice this week, and get back to S&S on Saturday.

Last edited:
May 17

Shoulder Dislocates
Commando Rocks
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju & Tuba 4 x 3 x 28 kg
Bent Over Row 8 x 5 x 32 kg

Good session this evening. The additional press really fired my core again tonight. The bent over rows really finished off my session nicely. My energy is still, amazingly enough, shooting through the roof doing this program. I will be restarting S&S on Saturday, with my eyes on the 32 kg and the Simple standard.

May 19

Commando Rocks
Shoulder Dislocates
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20kg
TGU 5 x 10 x 20kg

Got back to chasing the Simple standard today. I did all sets with the 20 kg kettlebell, which was a one set increase from the last time I did 1HS & TGUs, so the pressing program is definitely having a carryover impact on my total body strength. I didn't feel gassed or wiped out when I was done, so progress is happening, happily.

May 20

Shoulder Dislocates
Commando Rocks
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju & Tuba 6 x 3 x 28 kg

I went with just the presses today, as we had a full day of getting our daughter ready to go to her internship. I am truly enjoying this program. I cannot decide if I will run it again with the 28 kg kettlebell, or move up to the 32 kg for the next run through. Regardless, I have seen real results with this program. So, maybe a week or so off, then I will go after it again.

I cannot decide if I will run it again with the 28 kg kettlebell, or move up to the 32 kg for the next run through.
squeeze as much strength as you can out of the 28kg.
run it again with the 28 and dont rush it and hurt yourself and have to take 2 steps back....
you yourself have been saying that you are "feeling good", keep it going and enjoy the ride!
in the grand scheme of things what is an extra couple weeks..
just my .02

Good advice. In thinking about running this again, I do realize that I have some leakage that could be shored up with another run through at 28 kg. Yeah, it is so weird that I feel actually energized since I incorporated the press to my routine. I may just finish and start over......or I may take a week off, the last session will dictate. I did notice, that during S&S that I felt stronger, with less waver from start to finish.

squeeze as much strength as you can out of the 28kg.
run it again with the 28 and dont rush it and hurt yourself and have to take 2 steps back....
you yourself have been saying that you are "feeling good", keep it going and enjoy the ride!
in the grand scheme of things what is an extra couple weeks..
just my .02

May 21

Shoulder Dislocates
Commando Rocks
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju & Tuba 8 x 3 x 28 kg

I went with the wrong program tonight. That is what I get for not double-checking before I start. Regardless, this was a solid session tonight. I could have done the bent over rows, but I wanted to leave some in the tank. I still felt strong even though I went in consecutive nights. S&S tomorrow it will be.

May 22

Well, life got in the way tonight. I had things I wanted to get done, and all of a sudden it is after 7pm, and I haven't had dinner yet.

Well, Soju & Tuba tomorrow night, which will be followed by another night off. I guess I will restart again on Saturday. Things should level off by then. On the plus side, I am resting between sessions.

May 23

Shoulder Dislocates
Commando Rocks
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Soju & Tuba 10 x 3 x 28 kg

Ok, new found respect for the 28 kg kettlebell. While I have energy left in the tank, that was a challenge. On the plus side, no real issues cleaning or pressing it. One more session and I will be done. I think one week off should be enough to get back in the groove with S&S, then it will be time to get to work.

May 26

Shoulder Dislocates
Commando Rocks
Hamstring Stretches

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Soju & Tuba 12 x 3 x 28 kg
Bent Over Rows 10 x 5 x 32 kg

Power day today. Halo's & Goblet Squats felt amazing with the 20 kg. Soju & Tuba energized me again today, so I added the rows. They were fantastic.

I may not wait a week. I'm thinking I will restart Soju & Tuba on Tuesday, starting with sets of 2 instead of sets of 1. The 24 kg will begin to be implemented as well. Time to get after it.

Happy Memorial Day to all!!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom