all posts post new thread

Nutrition Coffee blunts mtor

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

In another thread it was said coffee blunts mtor. Does that mean I shouldn't have my chocolate protein shake with a scoop of espresso powder?

In another thread it was said coffee blunts mtor. Does that mean I shouldn't have my chocolate protein shake with a scoop of espresso powder?
Since I read that I've been limiting coffee to my fasting window, or having it some 4 hours after my previous meal. Dont really know if it makes a difference though.

Yes coffee is an Mtor inhibitor so don't drink it in the lead up to to during your Mtor period

No offense guys, but you are overthinking this to a high degree.
We are not professional athletes or professional bodybuilders, but average joes and weekend warriors.
If one of us isn't meeting his/her lean mass/hypertrophy, strength or performance goal I can guarantee you that it wasn't coffee inhibiting mTOR...

Hello,

Coffee is also supposed to be anti-aging. Then does that mean I'll live longer but weaker ahah ?

+1 @Kettlebelephant
I think that hard science is one thing, but we do not have to overthink it.

Blue zone folks live a simple life: regular and gentle exercise, "organic" / balanced diet (so no fancy science, just a little amount of what the locally have), social relationships, low level of stress (which includes no hard thinking about grams of carbs, fat, proteins and so on :) )

Kind regards,

Pet'

There's always a new 'study' saying things like this.. may be valid, maybe not.

I never have felt any different, or see any difference making lifestyle changes in line with a 'study'..

Coffee's bad
Coffee's good
Beer's bad
Beer's good
Eggs bad
Eggs good....................................

On and on it goes.. he types as he sips delicious coffee ?

We are not professional athletes or professional bodybuilders, but average joes and weekend warriors.
If one of us isn't meeting his/her lean mass/hypertrophy, strength or performance goal I can guarantee you that it wasn't coffee inhibiting mTOR...
I´m not having coffee right now so the 3 cheeseburgers with fries I just had go straight to my muscles.

Exactly this!
In addition to that I highly doubt that even pro athlethes will notice a significant difference.
You are much better off activating mTOR via conventional methods like resistance training coupled with leucine/protein.

Normally I would agree with that kind of statement but if you adopt a strategy (eg mindfully triggering Mtor through diet) then doing something counter-productive to that strategy (eg drinking coffee that inhibits Mtor) is a big deal. At least you should ask yourself whether you're serious about the strategy, given the conflict. I mean if I announced that my goal was strength and I was starting each workout with a 20 rep pump set it would be fair to point out that fatigue and strength cut across each other. But I get what you mean, are there Pee-wee Herman look-alikes who would be winning Mr Olympia but for their coffee consumption? Almost certainly not!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom