all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Strong! Program Again

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I just think so.
Just like Strong + One.

The goal is strength and figure improvement.

How to combine KBStrong and QD (snatch version)?

Geoff already answered that above:
Remember, Q&D is MAX Power - 1.6s/snatch is FAST. It has the potential to burn you out.

@Kettlebelephant had a great idea - 2 days of "Strong!" w/ DFSQ and 2 days of Plan 044.

Probably similar to the A+A plan he prescribed above:
You could do 2 days of "Strong!" and 2 days of A+A.

Set it up like this:

Day 1: "Strong!"
Day 2: A+A
Day 3: Off
Day 4: "Strong!"
Day 5: Off
Day 6: A+A
Day 7: Off

Personally, I'd test your swings, then commit to doing 3 days a week of "Strong!" and nothing else but active recovery work on the "off" days. Then come back and test your swings again. I think you'll be surprised. Remember, being strong[er] makes everything else better.

Maybe like this:

Day 1: "Strong!" C&P
Day 2: QD SNATCH
Day 3: Off
Day 4: "Strong!" C&P
Day 5: QD SNATCH
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Off

?

Last edited:
@taro .... From my experience only, training the double clean and press with a challenging weight and adding in snatches could be a bit much. Certainly could be done I suppose but I am leary these days of adding to my weekly overhead work.

I was thinking about the SHORT plan.
C&P

The SHORT plan must be very taxing (I have not done it) and should not be done with additional snatches or additional anything.
But why don't you do Phase 1 and then the Slow plan with FSQ and some snatches in addition?

Phase 1 and then the Slow plan with FSQ and some snatches in addition
Think about the similar plan for summer detour from S&S. Maybe Q&S Snatch (40-60 no more) and then Strong Phase 1 with DFS twice a week, Q&D swings once, and A+A Snatch twice. Get used to recharge daily dont gonna stop it.

I want to do C&P.
I have kettlebells 2x24kg perfect for this.
I asked.
I already know not to mix KBS C&P and QD Snatch.
I thought I could do QD snatches instead of ONE.

@taro something to think about since you said you wanted to imrpove strength and appearance..

here's something I have observed and used with myself, training partners

work up to using double 28s and up doing any overhead variation (c+p, c+pp, c+j) eat sensibly and according to your goals, you'll usually be strong and conditoned enough for most tasks...

Thank you gentlemen!
Everything is already clear!

I have balls for C&P, it's possible that they will be too light for C&PP.

If I decided, I know what to do.
Focusing!
Minimalism!
???

Well, yesterday I weighed in at 200.4 which was pretty much my weight goal (Now eyeing 195).

I am winding down phase 1. I'm actually going to try Geoff's suggestion of doubling and then tripling the volume of phase 1 and then hitting the short course. It will take some time but that's ok.

Really feeling it this time through....at my age now and lighter those 36s feel pretty heavy but are getting lighter as I go!

Well, yesterday I weighed in at 200.4 which was pretty much my weight goal (Now eyeing 195).

I am winding down phase 1. I'm actually going to try Geoff's suggestion of doubling and then tripling the volume of phase 1 and then hitting the short course. It will take some time but that's ok.

Really feeling it this time through....at my age now and lighter those 36s feel pretty heavy but are getting lighter as I go!
That’s super John, that’s great going with 36kg. I’m using 32kg but before years out hope to get to 36kg. This thread drew me back to the Strong program. 9 workouts in and 2 seasons of the One program. Might switch up the one to an AG protocol if recovery an issue. Feeling good. Down 4 lbs and resting HR has went from 63 to 57. Matching DFSQ with the C and P at the moment but will drop as volume increases. It’s a solid program. Keep us updated.

Do you mean going to 90 reps instead of 30?

@LejonBrames, ok in a nutshell, yes, the idea being establish a strong base so as to handle a shorter bout with shorter rests, aka the short course. Next week I finish phase 1 and quite honestly I don't think I am going to be able to hit 10x6 with short rests in three more weeks.

Hence extending phase 1 for a while. If it takes me into the summer, I'm certainly fine with that!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom