all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Egoscue interesting developments

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

GeoffreyLevens

Level 6 Valued Member
Awhile ago I posted that I was starting Egoscue work to hopefully correct knee problem. First off have to mention that both knees now feel stronger and more stable than they have in years. So that's definitely a win.

Tuesday night about 2 a.m. woke with severe vertigo. Even fell on my face when got out of bed. Fortunately it faded back to sort of bearable after awhile. Then mostly gone by yesterday. This morning started new Egoscue menu. 2 of them call for spinal twist and hold. In one direction but not he other, the vertigo came rushing back. The interesting part is that in 1975 I had same i.e. woke with severe vertigo. At that time, treatment by chiro who specialized in Polarity Therapy cleared it in one treatment. His diagnosis was that my pelvis had become slightly tipped, one hip higher the other lower than plumb, and gotten locked there. That in turn was torquing my spine and cutting off some blood and nerve flow to vegus nerve and brain. Most likely source was that for the few days just prior I had been helping carry very heavy steel girders while walking on concrete (at work).

I suspect this bout is unwinding at least some of what was under that, the cause of the cause so to speak. My Egoscue teacher warned me at the outset that many experience som unpleasant things as old business unwinds. The fun never ends!

Forgot to mention that prior to the 1975 injury, I'd already had a stack of lower lumbar injuries, all involving either forced sudden flexion or forced rotation or both-football, surfing, etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom