all posts post new thread

Barbell HELP ME PLEASE :(

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Eryk

Level 4 Valued Member
Im want to mix bodyweight exercises front lever and planche and wide pullups with weight and one arm pushups with barbell exercises bent press or one arm press(i know that by bent press I will lift more weight but this is weakness.. I want to lift samw weight as I can lift with bent press I want to do that by only arm, and because of that one arm press is harder for me and maybe everyone.. I see everywhere that someone can bentpress 100 kg and cant do one arm press with 80 kg.. I like strong arms.. In one arm press only arm works not arm plus back hinges etc.) arm biceps curls and one arm deadlift.. How can I mix these exercises? Any propositions? Please, Im thinking about it and I dont know lol.. I dont want to overwork.. I want to mix these things sensible and have progress.

I will lift more weight but this is weakness
When is lifting more weight ever 'weakness'?

It sounds to me like you're trying to do a bit of everything all at once. You probably want to focus on one particular goal (increasing your pressing weight or training your planche/lever etc.) and perform the other movements minimally or at a 'maintenance' level to avoid burning out.

If you had to put the following exercises in order, starting with the one you want to improve most and finishing with the one you're less concerned with, what order would they be in?:

Front lever, planche, weighted wide grip pull ups, one arm push ups, bent press, one armed press

Let us know and we might be able to give you a better idea of how to program your training.

Also, I've noticed there's a lot of upper-body work going on there but not a lot of leg work; I reckon a squat variation (either barbell or bodyweight) should be including to keep things well-rounded.

Also, where is your current fitness level at? Have you actually achieved a front lever, planche and/or one-arm pushup? If not, then I would say you should really settle on bodyweight vs. barbell work before anything else.

I can do front lever with one leg straight. Im actually practice lean planche with legs on the chair and lean planche push ups. A, additionaly - my wrist are reversed in 170° something like that. I can press with right arm 25 kg, hm even more I think, 21 kg is like easy. With left something like 21, 22 kg. Biceps curl - actually I do 18 kg with left and right arm, 18 kg per arm - 3x3. Hm, bent press more than one arm press. Bent press with right arm 27 kg and with left maximally 23 kg. One arm one side deadlift - I didnt try my max but Im currently working with 21 kg with left and right 3x3 but move to the up lasts 8 sec, same with the move to down.
I think that the most important to me is one arm press and planche equally, then hm wide pushups and front lever, then biceps curl and one arm side deadlift.

Edit:
Pffuu, it should be in reverse.. Exchange kgs with bent press to kgs with one arm press XDD hahahaha

Last edited:
Im using for conditioning saturday and program is according to roadwork, these thigs are fuckinf awesome.. I hate high reps trainings and its fantastic alternative for me. Anyway I know that in days where is conditioning I should do bodyweight exercises? Okay. First article readed
Okay, second too. Hm, okay so..
Monday and thursday barbell exercises, tuesday and friday bodyweight with wide pullups with weight, saturday only statics without wide pushups.. I would add only weighted pullups in wednesday, I would do only this exercise in wednesday. It would be veeery lightday.. And rest in sunday.

I can do without effort 5 pistols in every leg plus I train Jeet Kune Do(by myself.. I use Tao of Jeet Kune Do and other books which contains Bruce's knowledge about JKD)and slow kicks method by Bill Wallace.. My legs are fine, dont worry :p

“I’m going to do this and that and this and that and this and that and this and that and this and that and fail miserably.”

- Dan John​

- select 2, maybe 3 exercises
- focus on them for some time
- meet your goal
- put the exercise in the maintenance mode, and select other exercises
- focus on them for some time

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom