all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Transporting bells

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I have been taking some bells to the local park in my car basically sitting them in the passenger footwell and sitting a box on top of them. Does anyone have a better way to doitas the thought of emergency stop with 2 32kg bells is unnerving:)

On the back seat, with a seat belt through the handles. It may be easier to secure each bell individually, one on each side, with its own seat belt. I also use climbing slings (high strength webbing loops) to secure multiple bells to buckled seat belts.

Transporting unsecured KBs in the passenger compartment is definitely a bad idea.

Last edited:
Indeed, the ol' "seatbelt through the handle" trick is my go-to. If my son is back there, I'll throw the bell in the trunk. Even strapped in, I wouldn't want it swinging around next to a person...

I have transported in the trunk or rear footwell but they roll around unless braced well against something.

Seatbelt is a good idea, if using a retractable belt make sure to pull it all the way out to engage the latch mechanism. That way it’s snug and won’t give much during hard braking.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom