all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S: Alternating the BnP and the TGU

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SuperGirevik

Level 3 Valued Member
I'm currently doing S&S daily. I can easily do 10 TGUs @ 24kg in less than 9min, so I have introduced one set with the 32kg. But I also really enjoy practicing the bent press and I'm currently trying to see how I can add it to my training. I tried doing it 2-3x per week on top of my S&S session but I can feel that it's over training my shoulders. So I'm thinking about alternating my TGUs and BnPs. Any thoughts on this?

I should add that I do barbell dead lifts 1x per week.

Yes, why not? Adding more exercises to your routine makes it more fun in the long run. Swings+Bent press one day, Swings+Get-ups another... Can't hurt. Unless you're in a hurry to achieve "Simple" or something...

I did almost equal part swings+clean&press/swings+get-ups during winter and also did a few snatches, clean&jerk and bottom-up-presses to practice the moves after warm-ups while fresh. Can't really say if it was better then just doing "simple&sinister" but I enjoyed it. Fun to add another move to your arsenal.

Technically Simple and Sinister is meant to be run 3-6 days per week. If your training more than 3 days a week you can technically run S&S as the book says and do other things on the other 3 days a week.

I’m currently running S&S 3 days a week and doing 2 sessions a week of deadlifts, presses and pull ups.

And there's also Pavels fighter edition where you alternate tgu days with the push press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom