all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Travelling Light: How to Swing?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

GregF

Level 1 Valued Member
I'm about to travel overnight a few times, with no kettlebell at the far end. I'm a couple of weeks into S&S and want to keep my momentum.

I can do get-ups with my shoe ... so that's covered.

What do you all do to substitute for swings if you don't have a bell or a gym?

I'm about to travel overnight a few times, with no kettlebell at the far end. I'm a couple of weeks into S&S and want to keep my momentum.

I can do get-ups with my shoe ... so that's covered.

What do you all do to substitute for swings if you don't have a bell or a gym?
If it's only a few nights, I personally would waste any time worrying about it.
It's probably fairly hard to substitute anything meaningful for the hip hinge without weight. (I've tried using a small computer bag for a KB replacement in swings and SLDL, but it's not the same... )
But the 'aerobic' component can be replaced by doing burpees, or by good old fashioned running...

Just an idea....

Prep: Bodyweight Squats and Get Ups for 5:00
Train: Jumping rope for :15 on / :45 off for 10:00;
Hand - Foot Crawl for the same work / rest ratio

Problem Solved....

- paused shoe get-ups
- if you have access to the barbell (even once a week), few progressively heavier doubles to "comfortable max", or
- dumbbell swing or dumbbell snatch (tutorial here > SIMPLEXSTRONG |), or
- just keep the hip extension (hip flexor stretches, StrongFirst glute bridges - do one legged version, too), and
- sprint - 50-10 meter sprints, walk back, have extra rest, repeat 10 times, and
- add Second Wind hypoxic/hypercapnic exercises if you know them. If not, just do S&S "straw breathing"
- add some crawling and you are good to go.

That is what I do.

I agree that if it's only one or 2 days, just rest.

Otherwise, I have done 4x30 bodyweight squats + 3x5 single lef deadlift with my luggage or anything heavy I can find.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom