all posts post new thread

Barbell New guy question regarding PtoP and SnS

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kong

Level 4 Valued Member
Ok being new I probably didn't title my question correctly so if I did it wrong I apologize.

Here is my question, and I suspect it has already been asked and probably been beaten to death, but I just don't have the time to read through all the various threads on here so I'm hoping I can get a pass on this.

So if I'm doing Power to the People (military press 2x5 and deadlifts 2x5) is it advisable to alternate the work outs every other day with Simple n Sinister. So Monday/Wednesday/Friday do Power to the People and Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday do the Simple n Sinister.

Again I apologize if this is an old question, just trying get opinions from people that may have way more knowledge regarding this.

There’s no reason you can’t follow your PTTP with swings and get ups each day. Start with say just 40 swings and 4 get ups ( 2 per side ) and increase as you see fit. Dan Johns Even Easier Strength is very similar to PTTP but with loaded carries, a pull and a squat. Neither program has a ton of volume, just don’t go so crazy with the swings and get ups that it slows progress on the deadlifts. S&S is a GPP plan, this gets lost on a lot of people, you should be able to do both.

Thank you so much for the response and feed back, but how me out here, what is "a GPP plan"?

Another alternative is to cycle every 2 weeks
Pavel himself has recommended this approach a couple of times.

Other than that SnS can be done 2-3× per week together with a "serious strength program". This could be the Deadlift Dynamite main workouts or a simple Reload plan (another plan from Pavel and Fabio Zonin), for example Deads and Benches, each once or twice per week with a special 5x5 plan.

OR you could do the Daily Dose Deadlift Plan (3-5 submaximal singles per day) alongside SnS.

GPP stands for General Physical Preparation - building a general base of strength, mobility and endurance, preparing you for spezialized work. It is covered in detail in Easy Strength.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom