all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Rack position turkish get up

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Petri

Level 4 Valued Member
Question. How many of you have done rack position TGU's? To my suprise I could find only one video.

In the video at one part it could almost be a bent press position. What about even tighter rack position TGU where the bell is in contact with your chest the whole time and you do it with a rocking forward motion instead of a bridge or similar.

Any thoughts?

What about even tighter rack position TGU where the bell is in contact with your chest the whole time and you do it with a rocking forward motion instead of a bridge or similar.

Any thoughts?
I tried that a while ago, but couldn't figure out a good way to prevent it from falling forward across my chest (besides moving it into the bent press rack for part of the movement). If you could find a way to hold it in the crook of your arm like a sand bag it might work.

Question. How many of you have done rack position TGU's? To my suprise I could find only one video.

In the video at one part it could almost be a bent press position. What about even tighter rack position TGU where the bell is in contact with your chest the whole time and you do it with a rocking forward motion instead of a bridge or similar.

Any thoughts?

Couldn't you start with a normal one, then rack it before you stand up. Then press it up from the kneeling position and do a normal finish. This would add some presses and more dynamic work while keeping a low ceiling. I like the loaded carry added. That would be fierce time under tension and this modification would get in a couple reps of pressing.

People could also do up to the tall sit repeats with a heavy bell as a kind of situp workout if ceiling and floor hardness on the knee is an issue. A certified instructor suggested unloaded tall sits in volume as an exercise. You alternate side each rep quickly, kind of like a ju-jitsu style exercise.

Watching that kinda freaked me out a little bit. Funny how you get used to seeing something one way.

Tell us how you found it to be. Will try myself tomorrow.
It felt a little awkward at first because it's unfamiliar but it seems fine. I can even do it downstairs where the ceiling is too low for the "normal" version.

Seems like less shoulder stabilization needed in this version. I've been mostly doing heavy 1/4 ups because of how it works the core and shoulder stabilizers.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom