all posts post new thread

Barbell Mixing workouts??

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Trever

Level 4 Valued Member
Is it sensible to mix a strength training plan for one main excersize, with other exercises like higher volume presses or ballistics.

I’m currently following a PTTP wave cycle for deadlifts and single KB shoulder press, but I’d like to increase the volume on the presses and mix in ballistics like snatches, double cleans and KB front squats.

I really like the PTTP schedule for deadlift and want to keep increasing my deadlift strength, but also want to increase my size if possible. Thanks.

I should add that I’m 51 and healthy and fit, but very slim.

There's no reason you can't do your 2x5 for deadlifts and presses followed by say S&S. There are several TSC programs that have people deadlifting 3-5 x 5r followed by S&S a few days a week and pressing/squatting followed by high volume snatches. My advice would be to add in say 4-6 rounds of swings after the deads and pressing and see how you feel from there.

Yes I do it all the time. I'm currently combining a strength training program (calked 10/20/Life) with A&A snatches 3 times per week. My 10/20/Life plan is also 3 days per week and is mostly barbell excersises but also some kettlebell, dumbell, machine, and bodyweight excersises.

Another staple program, for me, that I do all the time and recommend you checking out is ETK+ (Enter the Kettlebell PLUS). I've written about it before, search. It is great for variety and customization, in my opinion

Regards,

Eric

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom