all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Loaded Carries and Glycosis

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

njrick1

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello all,

I was wondering if loaded Carries (and/or crawls)are putting me into glycosis. For example if I am carrying a 32kg for 100 yards multiple time, it is certainly more the 20 seconds of work but also more intense than a jog. If this is glycosis, should I adjust the way I carry to use a different energy system? ( I'm currently doing carries in addition to s&s and plan to switch to doing them alongside q&d).

Thanks?

Couldn't heart rate be a guide? I'm doing 10-20 min of alternating swings with a single bell carry. My HR always stays well below MAF.

Crawl/Carry until you can't breath out of your nose. stop rest, Repeat. still glycolysis but I wouldn't worry about it. Carries are defiantly worth it (and smart people love crawling, Ive been messing around with it so probably worth it)

Crawl/Carry until you can't breath out of your nose. stop rest, Repeat. still glycolysis but I wouldn't worry about it. Carries are defiantly worth it (and smart people love crawling, Ive been messing around with it so probably worth it)

Makes sense, I've gotten my heart rate up higher than I thought possible with speed crawling, and definitely have done some panting after loaded carries. In fact, the more I train the more these movements (along with sprints) are becoming the main focus of my training instead of an accessory. However, I'll adhere to the nose breathing principle from now on!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom