all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Program idea for single 24kg KB

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Morgan Woods

Level 4 Valued Member
I was working S&S and developed a solid handle on the 28kg bell, but due to a change in circumstance I now only have access and funds for a 24kg bell at the moment.

My rational is that I can really OWN every aspect of the 24kg with this program before purchasing a 32kg in the future, because let's be real; 24kg isn't very heavy. Plus, it'll have the added benefit of breaking down elements of the snatch test without snatching just yet.

Here's what I was thinking given my circumstances:

Days 1, 3, 5:
Movement prep: arm bar, prying goblet squat, high bridge stretch, calf mobility drills

Program:
SA MP 5 sets - work up to 5 sets of 10 (currently at 5 sets of 3)
High pull 5 sets - work up to 5 sets of 10 (currently at 5 sets of 5)
Clean 5 sets - work up to 5 of 10 (currently at 5 sets of 5)
Pull ups: 3 sets of 5 and increase tension and tempo over time
Hanging leg raises: 3 sets of 5

Days 2 and 4: S&S but with adjusting variables instead of weight, longer TGUS, shorter breaks, sets of 2 TGUs or 20 one arm swings, etc.
Add in halos during movement prep instead of arm bar.

Cool down: 90/90, QL Straddle, Brettzel

What do you think? Does it look solid or is it far too pull oriented?

I personally prefer to use a written program and, if needed, adjust it a little bit to my circumstances. The program you outlined might be ok, but you'll be your own ginea pig.

If you on the other hand do ROP, os Q&D, or any other program, you can tweak it to your specific needs, and still know it's a proven program.

ROP single bell complexes such as atos 1.0 from kettlebell workout snacks.. If you can get a hand on kettlebell burn reloaded by Geoff Neupert.. That covers all bases

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom