all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Isolation and recovery body recomp.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

scottienomad

Level 3 Valued Member
Hey,

I'm recovering from a flare up of Reactive Arthritis, its mostly temporary, should go away in a few months. (physio, GP and rhuemy all said I'm good to go).

I had planned to get back into my regular gym and start a basic routine, focusing on getting stronger in floor press and box squats for a few months. Now UK's on lockdown I'm stuck using my equipment here.

I'm basically untrained since early November. Luckily the steroid meds don't make me gain weight, I'm down 11-12kg since I last weighted myself at a gym. I was 78kg last time I was weighted at the physio.

Previously I've done many different styles, but I always fall back into 5x5 / 3x5 training the big four with added pulls.

I have 65kg olympic dumbbells, 16s, 20s and 24s kg pairs of kettlebell and a bench.

Planning a super simple routine in hope to gain back lost size and strength. I have been doing swings every second for a week or so now. My shoulders feel great after it, swing the discomfort out of them!

A, squat 2 x 10-15 , Floor press 5x5, 200 DH swings, curls

B, Squat 2x 10-15 , OH KB rows 5x5, 200 DH swings, tricep iso

At least one rest day between workouts. Mix the squat style up, front squat, suitcase squat, goblet etc.

I'd love to be doing some cleans, overpressing etc. But I'm also wanting to heal 100% before learning movements I'm no familiar with.

Any advice on this ?

Cheers!

Kettlebell Simple and Sinister make a great foundation for anything.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom