all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed My method of loosing weight

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anders

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi.

I have currently found a way of loosing weight that I wanted to share with all of you, in the hope that it might inspire some of you.

I am 34 years old, 189 cm tall and weighted 89 kilo. So I decided I wanted to have a more fit look. For me it is always easier to not eat, than to eat a little, so therefore I chose this method. The method is first and foremost developed by a danish professor, but I simplified it even more. ( I only have access to a Norwegian article by this professor Jakob Soustrup)

The method is as follows.

1) Figure out how much weight you want to loose pr. day. Let us say it is 200 grams or 0,2 kilo pr. day.

2) Substract the weight in 1) with your current weight. And then find out what your preliminary goal-weight should be for each day. So you weigh 100 kilo. Day 1: 99,8. Day 2: 99,6. Day tre: 99,4 etc etc.

3) During the current day the goal is simply to weigh what your preliminary goal-weight is. That means that at some point that day you should reach that weight. After that you can do what you want and eat what you want. But if you eat a s*** lot of foods after you have reached the preliminary goal-weight, of course the next day will be that much harder.

4) In practical terms I do it this way: Wake up. Weigh myself. If I am weighing more than the preliminary goal-weight I simply fast, and only drink water and coffee until I am finished with work. Then I weigh myself again. If I still haven't reached the weight I will stop drinking water for some hours and then I will reach the preliminary goal-weight. After I have done that, I start eating. And then I do the same the next day.

Thus far I have lost four kilos and now I weigh 85 kilo. My final goal is to be 78 kilo.

Hope that can be of some inspiration for people.

Anders

The scale can be a good motivator for some people - I'm one of those, too. I weigh myself every morning and it becomes something of my guideline for eating for that day, e.g., if my weight is too low, I'll likely have an "eating" day; if my weight is too high and I'm ready to do something about it, then I'll try to pay more attention to my eating for the day with the expectation of weighing less the next day. For me, losing about .2 kg, or about a half a pound, per day is about right as well.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom