all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Exercises for shoulder health?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Opiaswing

Level 5 Valued Member
So usually I hang for shoulder health but have no access to a bar during the pandemic lockdown. I have resistance bands at my disposal; what are some things I can do for general shoulder health and and to avoid impingement I had previously?

Single arm Overhead carries ( aka waiter's walk ) seem to do wonders for me. Walking slowly back and forth making turns in both directions with arm locked out feels like it hits every muscle in my shoulder. I would think holding anything with a little heft would do. Progress slowly. No need to set a weight PR. The leverage of the arm length provides much of the resistance.

@Opiaswing,

My favorite, no-equipment shoulder health movement is what's been called the Egyptian. Below is an awesomely clear, thorough explanation - the video is only 2 minutes long and demonstrates _three_ different versions of this movement - by our own https://www.strongfirst.com/instructors/canada/louka-kurcer.0013700000Xe7JoAAJ/

If you want more, look into Super Joints by Pavel. The basic philosophy towards the shoulders, as I understand/remember it, is simply that your shoulders have a wide range of motion in a whole variety of plane of motion, so use all that.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom