all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Suggest me a program in my situation

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dayz

Level 8 Valued Member
Hi all. I've posted here a bit in the past. Always found the forum SUPER helpful.

I am very dedicated to cycling. I ride about 5 days per week and about 10 hours per week. Three hard workouts three easy rides.

In season, I lift kettlebells twice per week. I have one of each: 16, 24, 32 and 40 bell. I've met simple in the past. Have run Q&D. Have run RoP in the past.

Currently, in season, I only lift twice per week for maintenance. I usually do 50-100 swings and 3-5 TGU. I swing the 32 and 40, and TGU with the 24 and 32. This has maintained me well!

Anyway. I've decided in my off season, coming up in June, July, August, I want to run Rite of Passage to work to a half BW press. I'll run RoP starting in June.

My question is, for now, what is a good lead-in program for RoP? I could keep doing what I am doing. But I'd rather start pressing. Is there a three or two day program I could use for presses that will work that doesn't require the time investment of RoP?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all. I've posted here a bit in the past. Always found the forum SUPER helpful.

I am very dedicated to cycling. I ride about 5 days per week and about 10 hours per week. Three hard workouts three easy rides.

In season, I lift kettlebells twice per week. I have one of each: 16, 24, 32 and 40 bell. I've met simple in the past. Have run Q&D. Have run RoP in the past.

Currently, in season, I only lift twice per week for maintenance. I usually do 50-100 swings and 3-5 TGU. I swing the 32 and 40, and TGU with the 24 and 32. This has maintained me well!

Anyway. I've decided in my off season, coming up in June, July, August, I want to run Rite of Passage to work to a half BW press. I'll run RoP starting in June.

My question is, for now, what is a good lead-in program for RoP? I could keep doing what I am doing. But I'd rather start pressing. Is there a three or two day program I could use for presses that will work that doesn't require the time investment of RoP?

Thanks in advance!

What you can do...

Run the ROP up to (1,2,3,4) x5 ladders then re-assess from there..

Option B (1,2,3)x5 ladders compress the rest periods but not at the expense of quality reps..

For discussion what would your half bodyweight press bell be and what bell will you use for ROP?

What you can do...

Run the ROP up to (1,2,3,4) x5 ladders then re-assess from there..

Option B (1,2,3)x5 ladders compress the rest periods but not at the expense of quality reps..

For discussion what would your half bodyweight press bell be and what bell will you use for ROP?
Half bodyweight is the 36kg. So I'd have to buy one but probably just duct tape a 4kg plate on the bottom of the 32.

I'd use the 24 initially, then maybe use a 4kg plate to make a 28. Perhaps some reps with the 32 if possible?

Team leader Jody Beasley mentioned an anecdote

He had someone focus on really owning the 24 for the ROP but compressing rest periods..

From what I recall, after his trainee finished (1,2,3,4,5)x5 in under 30 minutes or less, he ended up pressing the 32 for 5 solid reps.

@Dayz, put the following into Google and enjoy the good reading:

pressing program site:strongfirst.com

One very easy solution would be to keep doing what you're doing but at the top of each getup, if it's with the 24, lower the bell and press it up again before resuming the GU. If it's with the 32 and you can do the same, great, otherwise a controlled negative then a pushpress or jerk to put the bell overhead before resuming the GU.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom