all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Odd-Load/Off-Set Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

OperationLTO

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi,

I was wondering what the thoughts are on odd-load or off-set weight kettlebell training. From an economic perspective I would only rather buy one of each kettlebell up to 48kg (possibly the 36kg and 44kg if I can justify).

At the same time I would like to train with double kettlebells. I’ve tried to read as much as I can possibly find and the general view is that yes, it is a good thing but there is so much more on even doubles.

Thoughts?

@OperationLTO Something to read on the subject.

That article is great. I've just come off of two two stints with programs that were time based (rather than set:rep based), and it worked pretty well for those (Armor Building and Dry Fighting Weight) because you can just flip the bells back and forth on each new set you do. For defined set:rep schemes like KBM, it's a bit harder to do as you'll probably add waaaay too much volume (I can't imagine Heavy day on "The Wolf" having to double the amount of work to make sure you're getting the heavy bell on both sides).

@OperationLTO

I have used odd-load programming with more experienced students, although it was only a small part of their main program. It was added to progress a particular skill, break through a plateau, or add a bit of variety to warm up routines. In my experience, focusing on the Big 6 with Hardstyle programming protocols is all most need to experience safe and exceptional long term results.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom