all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What are the standards for clean and jerk and double clean and jerk?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

malleus

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello. Three times a week I do A&a snatches with 28 kg kettlebell. I would like to replace snatches with the clean and jerks. No reason. Today I tried double 20 c&j and I really liked it. Are there any good program for c&j, single or double? What is your opinion about this movement in terms of power, strength and conditioning? Thank you...

The C&J show up often in my rotation. I love it and use it a lot. I'm also a big A+A devotee, but I've never been able to bring the two together. Snatch really is the best for A+A because of the violent explosion and power output. I tend to use C&J mostly for aerobic base like work (light and long: 10 minute sets) or for pure strength work (sets of 3 or so). The full cycle time is just too long to really get it into the A+A domain (or maybe that's just my poor skills, who knows.)

I found this program here a while ago. I ran it this winter but got cut short with the COVID lock downs. I liked it. My only mod to the standard program was to also phase the weight with the reps. I know the normal goal is to decouple them, but I liked doing the 5/5 day with a 24, the 4/4 with a 28 and the 3/3 day with a 32. I tend to skew all my workouts on the heavy side.

I might also follow a similar pattern with doubles, I'm a huge fan of double C&J.

I think Return of the kettlebell has good stantard for dbl c&j.. 10% of you bw in pounds.. If you weight 200lbs, your goal is 20 reps with dbl 32s for me that would something like 23-24 reps..

It's as fullbody lift as it gets. Choice for ultimate minimalist.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom