all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form check 24 kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jonas Vind Behrendt

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello everyone, already posted the videos in another thread but was thinking there was a higher chance reaching out on a new post. If its annoying ill take it down ?

Any advice will be appreciated. I dont have any pain, so its just to be sure (few calluses though, learning to grip by the fingers) ?

Thanks

Hello everyone, already posted the videos in another thread but was thinking there was a higher chance reaching out on a new post. If its annoying ill take it down ?

Any advice will be appreciated. I dont have any pain, so its just to be sure (few calluses though, learning to grip by the fingers) ?

Thanks

Seems like you are starting to hinge forward a little early. A cue that helped me (I’d like to think) is to wait til my arm touches my ribs before hinging back. Aside from that I’d like to hear what everyone says cause it seems pretty good to me.

@Jonas Vind Behrendt

Footwear - go with either none or a flat, minimus style of shoe so you can create a strong connection with the ground and strengthen your feet. Take another look at S & S, Pavel talks about the importance of this in detail.

I am not an expert, and I just started swings myself, but maybe I can suggest to swing the "free" arm a little bit more forcefully. It helps me a lot.

Pretty good, @Jonas Vind Behrendt

Try a bit more knee bend. You want to use the legs for power, as you would if you were jumping. Currently most of your movement is coming from hip flexion/extension. Make hip and knee flexion/extension work together to power the movement. Not so much that you go to a "squatty swing", but enough that your legs (and not just glutes) are producing force into the ground to transfer to the bell. So not only bending the knees a bit more in the hinge, but also ensuring that the knees are fully extended and solid in the standing plank. Currently your knees are "soft" in the standing plank position.

Let us know if the tips help and don't hesitate to come back with more videos! It takes a few rounds of adjustments to dial in a good basic swing. And then it takes a lifetime of practice to master. :)

On your way down, keep your distance from chin to clavicle the same. There’s a bit of jerking movement in your neck which in a long run can turn into whiplash.
If you can wedge your body to the kettlebell , that’s an advantage.
A thinner sole shoes or bare feet will bring more power output from your swing, hence body will absorb more inertia on the way down.

All good points..

Have you tried doing an online session with an SFG? sometimes real-time feedback helps nip those bad habits in the bud early

Thank you all for the response, tried almost all the points you guys mentioned today, and i must say i generate much more power! @Anna C i tried bending my knees more and straight off the kettlebell felt so much lighter and i could feel the power generation was much higher. Still don't feel the standing plank, but i will keep trying ! @Advenedizo i tried using my arm more and it felt kinda nice actually. @IMayAgainKnowChris this was also a great point, i could feel that i bend just a few centimeters too early, and my balance immediately felt more solid. @natewhite39 unfortunately i'm not allowed to go barefoot, so im trying to get some converse (Chuck taylors) to get the benefit you mentioend. Lastly @Mark Limbaga i haven't tried an online session yet, for now i'll go with this communities tips, but might go for an online session or two in the future!

Thanks everyone!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom