all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Introduction

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Zeverzak

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello StrongFirst!

My name is Roel, I'm 29 years old, and I've been doing kettlebell work for a month today, after gaining a wee bit too much weight, in solidarity with my pregnant wife. I started out swinging a 24KG kettlebell daily, 2 handed, 10x10 a month ago, one set a minute, and was completely gassed after 6 or 7 sets. I pushed on, however, and it got easier by the day. First I moved to one handed swings, then I started shortening my rest periods, then I moved on to a 32kg kettlebell, which was as heavy as the 24kg one was at first. By now I'm comfortably swinging the 32kg kettlebell 10x10 in 10 minutes, and about to shorten my rest periods again. Last sunday I did a two-handed non-stop test with 24kg, and managed to do 100 swings, only losing some speed in the last 20 or so. In the meantime, I've lost 5 kg's of body weight while building muscle (102 to 97 kg's). Being a former barbell devotee, but looking for something a little more injury-friendly, I am amazed with my progress so far. My aim right now is to work up to the 40kg kb during the next month.

In short, I have very little to say or to ask. Just felt like sharing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom