all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Phase One of Strong Completed

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

John Grahill

Level 8 Valued Member
This morning I finished phase 1 of my latest run through KB Strong. This time I used 2 40s and it certainly was a challenging venture. I started 2 months ago getting double 40s for 3 good and 1 sorta good reps. I ended up with 6 good ones this morning as my rep max ending phase 1. So basically I started with a 3 RM and turned it into a 6 RM. When I did the 36s in the beginning of this dreadful year they went from a 4RM to an 8 RM which seems to me to be part for the course in my case at least. Geoff's programming has taken me from 4 c+p's in late January with double 36 kgs to 6 c+p's with double 40 kgs. Pretty good run if ask me. I have done these weights in the past with this program but I weighed more so I view this past year's efforts as a new venture.

I initially planned to run an extended phase 1 and then jump into the second phase but truthfully I need a slight break from clean and presses and am going g to be starting something different in 2 weeks. Next week will be a "play" week of sorts.

Such a sneaky program, I definitely felt like i needed a break from heavy doubles after completing phase 1. The 40 kgs are even a step up from my weights, massive props. Maybe go do a single bell program for 8 weeks or so?

The poster boy for Strong! Does it again! Awesome work and progression!?

You gentlemen are very kind but @Provx I think you are correct, I need a single bell program for a while. Leaning at this point toward A+A snatches and rucking. I'll see how I feel next week.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom