all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Vodka and Pickles question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Trever

Level 4 Valued Member
Over the last month and a half I was on a 2 week then a 1 week mountain backpack trip with roughly 1.5 weeks in between. When adding the travel time and prep on either ends of the trips, this means my workouts were rare during this time. Now my backpack conditioning is solid, but my strength and body weight are down as per usual for me this time of year.

So now I want to enter a 3-4 month period of strength training. I want to keep it simple with BB deadlift, squat(kettlebell and zercher), snatch/swing and overhead press.
Vodlka and Pickles includes everything except the press, but in the article Pavel states “ You are on your own with your upper body work“.
Does this mean it’s ok to add pressing and if so would I add it to the workouts(possibly C&P+squat) or do it on additional days?
Thanks.

Over the last month and a half I was on a 2 week then a 1 week mountain backpack trip with roughly 1.5 weeks in between. When adding the travel time and prep on either ends of the trips, this means my workouts were rare during this time. Now my backpack conditioning is solid, but my strength and body weight are down as per usual for me this time of year.

So now I want to enter a 3-4 month period of strength training. I want to keep it simple with BB deadlift, squat(kettlebell and zercher), snatch/swing and overhead press.
Vodlka and Pickles includes everything except the press, but in the article Pavel states “ You are on your own with your upper body work“.
Does this mean it’s ok to add pressing and if so would I add it to the workouts(possibly C&P+squat) or do it on additional days?
Thanks.
I ran it a few years back with a good deal of success. You could run a 3 x 5 for presses and pull ups after the squat on squat days. If you follow deadlifts with snatches on days not squatting you won't lose much, if anything, by only pressing once or twice a week.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom