all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Dry fighting weight plus boxing and Muay Thai

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello!

Am I crazy to try and run a cycle of DFW while doing boxing and Muay Thai twice a week? I want to take a break from S+S. I'm thinking something like this:
Monday evening: Boxing drills and/or sparring
Tuesday morning: DFW
Wednesday evening: Mauy Thai drills (no sparring)
Thursday morning: DFW
Friday: rest/recover
Sat: DFW
Sunday: Rest recover.

The weird thing is, I always feel great in the moring after an evening of hard training (unless it's MT sparring, then I feel a little beat up, hence no sparring for 5 weeks). I think it has something to do with getting my body very heated and sweating a lot. It loosens up my joints or tendons or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?
Thanks!

Nope it can be done. DFW is only like 30 mins, and you're only doing 2 days of muay thai. Right now I do anywhere from 3-5 BJJ classes, 1 or 2 striking classes a week, and I fit in 4 kettlebell workouts. Just eat enough food and get enough sleep and you'll be ok.

I'm thinking something like this:
Monday evening: Boxing drills and/or sparring
Tuesday morning: DFW
Wednesday evening: Mauy Thai drills (no sparring)
Thursday morning: DFW
Friday: rest/recover
Sat: DFW
Sunday: Rest recover.

Sounds fine.

DFW is autoregulated so you can push or back off as necessary to calibrate recovery with anything else you're doing.

I just finished the last full week of DFW. I was coming off a long layoff from pressing (and training in general), so I underbelled myself a little and pushed the volume pretty hard (definitely metcon-ish, contrary to instructions). I still recovered fine and ended up stacking a bunch of other stuff on top of DFW and taking very few true rest days without feeling beat down at all.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom