all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell Weight Jumps

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Derek Binford

Level 1 Valued Member
For you guys that have made it to the simple weights, 32kg, and owned them enough to move up. Have you jumped straight to the 40kg or did you go to the 36kg?

I haven’t quite completely owned the 32 yet especially for get ups but I don’t think it will be long.

Thanks!

Went to a 36..

As always YMMV and I am sure that with the high mileage I've accrued, I would rather take the slow route

**Not running simple**

I like to have a pair of 1-3TRM bells, a pair 5-8TRM bells, and a pair of 10+RM bells. So when my 1-3TRM turns into a 5-8TRM I buy a pair the next size up (4kg jump/bell).

Currently my rate of progress is slowing down pretty hard, so I’m making jumps every 2-3 months where at the beginning I was progressing on a monthly basis. Looking at going from 28kg to 32kg pair for double clean, press, and fsq by November.

For you guys that have made it to the simple weights, 32kg, and owned them enough to move up. Have you jumped straight to the 40kg or did you go to the 36kg?
After Timeless Simple was achieved I still worked with the bell due to the lack of a heavier one. When Timed Simple was reached I bought 40kg and implemented it to currently running Q&D.

Stay Strong. Stay Hard. Get After It.

I tried to go straight to 40kg, kept in on Get-Ups but went back to 36kg on the swing since I felt that the 40kg sets were bad and not improving. This is also after having spent a considerable time with 32kg because the gyms were closed and 32kg was the heaviest one I had at home. I feel I made a good call with the 36 since it's challenging but still feels crisp and explosive.

Went straight to 40, but I already did a couple of 48 Get Up's prior to starting S&S in earnest

After I got timeless Simple, I moved from 32kg to 40kg, step loaded and eventually did timeless with 40kg. 8kg was a big load change for 1H swings (it took me many months of practice for my technique and power to increase and improve), but was actually a solid but doable challenge for my get ups. But in retrospect, I think moving to a 36kg would have been a better idea in terms of technique, strength, and power continuity.

I know this isn't part of the original question, but 40kg to 48kg was a whole other conversation for me; I never got a single get up with 48kg, but was able to slowly achieve sets of 10 1H swings. Never had access to a 44kg, but I wonder if that would have helped! Personally, I'm a fan of those "in-between" weights.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom