all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Ballistics in Total Tension Complex

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I’m looking at doing the Total Tension Complex. For those who have done it, did you do the ballistics Pavel prescribes for after the pyramids? If so, how did that work out?
Worked out well for me. It's a very complete program with the ballistics. I've done it twice (with the ballistics) and am doing it again now with heavier bells without the ballistics. Instead, I'm attempting to do S&S and Q&D snatches on off days (once per week each, with two days of no training). It might be a fool's errand, but I'm prone to such things from time to time.

Long story short, the program works. I've gotten stronger each time I've run it, and the ballistics really contribute to the effectiveness. Increased strength, hypertrophy, and conditioning.

Worked out well for me. It's a very complete program with the ballistics. I've done it twice (with the ballistics) and am doing it again now with heavier bells without the ballistics. Instead, I'm attempting to do S&S and Q&D snatches on off days (once per week each, with two days of no training). It might be a fool's errand, but I'm prone to such things from time to time.

Long story short, the program works. I've gotten stronger each time I've run it, and the ballistics really contribute to the effectiveness. Increased strength, hypertrophy, and conditioning.
How long does a session take?

30 mins to 50, depending on your squat volume really, that's what makes it run for a long time. Last time I was doing pyramids of 11 reps with 2x16kg as I only had 16s and 1x24, and couldn't press the 24 yet.

I will say that I like the renegade row. Just one rep, but like Dan John advocates, it's nice to be able to get down on the floor in a program like this.

Did it for few months back in 2016. Probably one of the best SF workouts I’ve done. It hit weight loss, conditioning and strength. I liked the fact that the pyramids alternated between squat and press too. The ballistics after were no problem and I’d do some running on off days.

The PTs at my gym were impressed too. They’d come over to learn what I was doing.

Highly recommended.

I will say that I like the renegade row. Just one rep, but like Dan John advocates, it's nice to be able to get down on the floor in a program like this.
Love the program.
HATE renegade rows. It's an accident waiting to happen. I lied the bell on it's side when I did the program so as not to have it come out from under me.

Love the program.
HATE renegade rows. It's an accident waiting to happen. I lied the bell on it's side when I did the program so as not to have it come out from under me.
That's true. I personally think the risk is minimal if you maintain stability and focus. Kind of like get ups and bottoms up presses. But it's still a risk and maybe not worth the reward. I did roll off the bell once but was able to catch myself with no harm done.

I did the thing today and it felt pretty good. My press pyramid went up to five. During Swings, I developed blood blisters at the base of both middle fingers. Clearly a technique issue, but how have people dealt with those in the past? I’m inclined to lance them and be done with it.

I did the thing today and it felt pretty good. My press pyramid went up to five. During Swings, I developed blood blisters at the base of both middle fingers. Clearly a technique issue, but how have people dealt with those in the past? I’m inclined to lance them and be done with it.
You've already answered your own question I think, it's a technique issue. Personally blood blisters I leave and they dry out and aren't painful after a few days

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom