all posts post new thread

Kettlebell About swing ,I need some advice.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ImNoobTrustMe

Level 2 Valued Member
My mother tongue is not English, I try my best to express what I mean。
When I first touched the kettlebell, I could use 24KG to do 10X5 50swings(2Hands),Because the handle rubs my inner thigh every time I swing,So I chose to use a 20KG kettlebell for 1hand swing,I finished 100 times in 5 minutes。
I was injured some time ago,When I re-use kettlebell training,I start again from 24KG(2Hands),But the old problem reappeared,The handle will still rub against my inner thigh,I can now use a 24KG kettlebell to complete a 10X5 swings(2Hands)and 10TGU.
My problem is that I continue to use 24KG to complete the 10X10 swing(2Hands)?Or directly use 16KG or 20KG to practice 1hand swing?

What’s the handle shape like on your kettlebell? Is it very wide? Share a picture of the kettlebell.

Hmmm yeah. I own one of similar design and it rubs also. I only bought this one to stash in work and do snatches with though I did notice rubbing when I warmed up with 2 arm swings. Maybe a slightly wider stance. When swinging.

I’ve owned kbs for almost 20 years and one of the issues my supplier quickly fixed was handle dimensions. Many early kettlebells hit the wrist bones when doing cleans or where too short. Such a complex issue for something so simple and it’s amazing this issue still crops up.

Hmmm yeah. I own one of similar design and it rubs also. I only bought this one to stash in work and do snatches with though I did notice rubbing when I warmed up with 2 arm swings. Maybe a slightly wider stance. When swinging.
I'm standing very wide,If the distance continues to widen,I feel uncomfortable during training。

I'm standing very wide,If the distance continues to widen,I feel uncomfortable during training。
Damn. All I can suggest is a different design or supplier. So called pro-grade kettlebell that GS sport practitioners use have near horizontal handles.

This is my nearly 20 year old 25kg next to a modern 24kg. Observe the difference in handle.

Attachments

• 33FB50C6-4417-486E-8A49-937679456887.jpeg
    33FB50C6-4417-486E-8A49-937679456887.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 29
the handle rubs my inner thigh every time I swing ...
The handle will still rub against my inner thigh ...
I'm standing very wide,If the distance continues to widen,I feel uncomfortable during training ...

You may need to swing the kettlebell lower.

A video of your swing would help us to help you.

-S-

This design. Because of handle issues with most modern bells I tend to recommend this design when decent cast iron bells cannot be found.

Attachments

• 9B7CAB6F-805B-4F47-8C7A-DA5CE3E62D7B.png
    9B7CAB6F-805B-4F47-8C7A-DA5CE3E62D7B.png
    317.6 KB · Views: 26
A vid will definitely help us answer if your swing is acceptable or what needs to be improved...

Reactions: Kev
It is indeed. I have mostly his design in my arsenal
I thought it looked familiar!
I had quite a few in the past but sold them on to buy what I thought were better ones.
Regret not keeping a few now.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom