all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Delta 20% for Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

LoneRider

Level 6 Valued Member
Being stuck idle due to a cold (Thank God it's not COVID) means I've got time on my hands to have a look at training. Reading the article Get Stronger With One Kettlebell (here) got me thinking about a situation where intensity remains relatively fixed and volume is the only variable. That is bodyweight. It stands to reason the method used in the article could be used for above basic calisthenics (i.e. pistol, one arm pushup, pullup and drills leading up to them). Just curious if my thinking is going down the right azimuth.

You may note , for the purposes of easing programming, that 20% is a minimum. And that other percent jumps may be used as a base amount of change, in order to accomplish the desired effect.

A minimum ∆25%, 33.33%, 50%, etc. May also work.

Last edited:
True, I do like the 20% though given it allows for those of us who have rather physical hobbies (for me its Brazilian Jiujitsu and Muay Thai).

Being stuck idle due to a cold (Thank God it's not COVID) means I've got time on my hands to have a look at training. Reading the article Get Stronger With One Kettlebell (here) got me thinking about a situation where intensity remains relatively fixed and volume is the only variable. That is bodyweight. It stands to reason the method used in the article could be used for above basic calisthenics (i.e. pistol, one arm pushup, pullup and drills leading up to them). Just curious if my thinking is going down the right azimuth.
I think Yes. @John Spezzano ?

-S-

Sure.
It is actually hinted at in Naked Warrior (build up slowly, large volume variations from day to day).

I could swear I’ve seen people using the ROP press adders with pistols and push-ups before. But I can’t remember who or where.

I could swear I’ve seen people using the ROP press adders with pistols and push-ups before. But I can’t remember who or where.
For one, ladders are used for OAPU, Pistols in the Strength Aerobics article:
Strength Aerobics: Strength Aerobics: A Powerful Alternative to HIIT | StrongFirst

And then there are at least two general templates by Pavel, which employ ladders in slow circuits using bodyweight movements.
Total Package Weekly template: Total Package Weekly Kettlebell Training Template | StrongFirst
Occam's Razor (No Distractions): No Distractions: The Occam's Razor Training Plan | StrongFirst

And Fabio Zonins Built Strong Plans also use ladders, although more in rep ranges like 2-4-6.
For example: Simple Strength for Difficult Times: An 8-Week Progressive Plan | StrongFirst

I'm actually planning to use the Delta 20 for a clean and press/weighted pullup cycle that I'm dropping in as the upper body work for the Vodka and Pickles Deadlift next week once I fully recover from this blasted cold that took me out of the gym for nearly two weeks.

My gameplan is use slow/aerobic roadwork and the 3x/week VP for my off the mat strength/conditioning for a 2-3x/week Brazilian Jiujitsu and 2x Muay Thai lifestyle.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom