all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Opinions about this mixed Bodyweight / Kettlebell routine?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

davidbarcena

Level 2 Valued Member
A friend of mine has been doing this routine for the last 2 months and he says he's very happy with the results so far. His aims are strenght / muscle development.

Day A:

- Weighted squat (weighted vest + kettlebell).
- 1 hand kettlebell swings.
- Pull ups / weighted pull ups.
- 2 hand kettlebell swings.

Day B:

- Weighted vest push ups.
- Kettlebell get ups.
- Dumbbell shoulder press.

He's training 4-5 days a week.

Having not tried it myself, it feels like it's too much shoulder work on day B? And too much grip work on day A from hte 1H swings and the pull ups?

Wouldn't it be better to move the get ups to day A and the pull ups to day B?

What are your thought about this routine anyway? What would you change / add / remove?

I would do

Warm-up: Get-ups

Day A

squat
pull-up
DB press

Day B
swing
push-up
row

But I'm not an expert. I don't like all that back work on Day A and then all the pressing work on Day B. My body would like it spread out a bit between the two days.

A friend of mine has been doing this routine for the last 2 months and he says he's very happy with the results so far. His aims are strenght / muscle development.

Day A:

- Weighted squat (weighted vest + kettlebell).
- 1 hand kettlebell swings.
- Pull ups / weighted pull ups.
- 2 hand kettlebell swings.

Day B:

- Weighted vest push ups.
- Kettlebell get ups.
- Dumbbell shoulder press.

He's training 4-5 days a week.

Having not tried it myself, it feels like it's too much shoulder work on day B? And too much grip work on day A from hte 1H swings and the pull ups?

Wouldn't it be better to move the get ups to day A and the pull ups to day B?

What are your thought about this routine anyway? What would you change / add / remove?

Since he mentioned his goal is strength, how much strength has he gained so far??

Remember, for newbies/deconditioned individuals, anything and everything works for about 6-12 weeks..

Here's another option.. have you considered:

Following a trusted plan written here on the site?

Reaching out to your local strongfirst instructor??

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom