all posts post new thread

Kettlebell KB Beginner - Recommended Program Flows

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

sense-eye

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi all - new year new me, blah blah. Decided to start working the KB. I'm wondering if the recommend program flows are still;

S&S - Do people supplement with a push movement? (Pressups?)
ROP
Double KB Based Routines?

I'm mid 30's 95kg, looking to get strong and i love following programs!

@Steve Freides - sorry i wasnt sure how best to describe what i meant! What i meant was is there any optimal set of programs to run one after another for the average person.

@Mark Limbaga - thanks for the message! At this point in time its best to assume i have very little prior experience lifting. I'm brand new and just trying to increase my general conditioning , strength and prevent injury while adding some muscle :)

Another vote for S&S, leave the pushups out of it. Heavy get ups will help work the same muscles (to a degree). Probably the biggest takeaway from S&S is to be consistent with whatever your training approach is, and not do variety for variety's sake.

If you're completely new to kettlebells, it's worth looking into Geoff Neupert's KBWOD. It starts out with the basics, and it culminates with double kb training.
I've never come across KBWOD! Can you share any more info? Where can I find the program?

Thanks everyone for your comments

@Steve Freides - sorry i wasnt sure how best to describe what i meant! What i meant was is there any optimal set of programs to run one after another for the average person.

@Mark Limbaga - thanks for the message! At this point in time its best to assume i have very little prior experience lifting. I'm brand new and just trying to increase my general conditioning , strength and prevent injury while adding some muscle :)

I'd definitely throw in the giant single bell version aside from ROP and then KB strong after S and S...

For context, what size bell/s are you using for your practice at the moment?

KBWOD is a 52 week program. There are five days of training per week, and each session is 15 minutes long, plus any warm up you choose. In the beginning the basics are covered-- single KB work such as swings, carries and get-ups. Things progress with cleans, presses and snatches. Double KB work shows up about half way into the program.

Things get pretty intense when the double bell work begins. There are active recovery days built in, and you will need them.

By the end of the program, all of the kettlebell moves will be covered. You'll have a good idea of what program you will want to try when you get close to finishing KBWOD. You will need at least two different sizes of bells for the program.

I'd definitely throw in the giant single bell version aside from ROP and then KB strong after S and S...

For context, what size bell/s are you using for your practice at the moment?
Thank you. I currently have a 16kg and 2 24kgs. I can 1/2rm c&p the 24kg and I do swings with the 24.

KBWOD is a 52 week program. There are five days of training per week, and each session is 15 minutes long, plus any warm up you choose. In the beginning the basics are covered-- single KB work such as swings, carries and get-ups. Things progress with cleans, presses and snatches. Double KB work shows up about half way into the program.

Things get pretty intense when the double bell work begins. There are active recovery days built in, and you will need them.

By the end of the program, all of the kettlebell moves will be covered. You'll have a good idea of what program you will want to try when you get close to finishing KBWOD. You will need at least two different sizes of bells for the program.
Wow this sounds awesome! How come I can't find anything about it anywhere? It doesn't seem to be a program I can buy?

So there's a few options by the sounds of it;

GN KBWOD

S&S
The Giant Single Bell
KB Strong

@Mark Limbaga - is the giant single bell available from GN website too?

Thank you

I would even add, that S&S is the option for beginners. During the course of practicing Swings and Get ups the one is gonna learn everything is needed in the kettlebell world.

Stay Strong. Stay Hard, and Get After It.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom