all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Leg Injury - Upper Body Program

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DannyHoj

Level 4 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
While squatting Saturday morning I started to feel a bit tight in my lower quad, just above the knee cap. I didn't think much of it and finished out my last 3 sets as well as pull-ups and a farmers walk. A few hours later after driving to my kid's basketball game there was some decent pain in the same spot and behind my knee. I took some Advil, put on a knee sleeve and by the night I was basically pain free. Yesterday and today I'm feeling a bit of a pull when walking down steps or if I sit down (squat) quickly. No swelling or bruising so I'm taking that as a good sign. From googling I think I have some sort of quad and/or tendon issue. I have an appt with an orthopedist this Thursday so will find out then. In the meantime, I'm laying off anything lower body related to stay safe - no squats/swings/get up's.

With that in mind does anyone have a recommendation for a good pull up/push up program to keep me sane until I'm healed up?

While squatting Saturday morning I started to feel a bit tight in my lower quad, just above the knee cap. I didn't think much of it and finished out my last 3 sets as well as pull-ups and a farmers walk. A few hours later after driving to my kid's basketball game there was some decent pain in the same spot and behind my knee. I took some Advil, put on a knee sleeve and by the night I was basically pain free. Yesterday and today I'm feeling a bit of a pull when walking down steps or if I sit down (squat) quickly. No swelling or bruising so I'm taking that as a good sign. From googling I think I have some sort of quad and/or tendon issue. I have an appt with an orthopedist this Thursday so will find out then. In the meantime, I'm laying off anything lower body related to stay safe - no squats/swings/get up's.

With that in mind does anyone have a recommendation for a good pull up/push up program to keep me sane until I'm healed up?
Q&D style power pull ups / push ups. 5 power pull ups, then on the :90 10 power push ups, that's one round, round 2 begins at the 3:00 with 5 more pulls. 10 rounds total. Add weight/bands if necessary.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom