all posts post new thread

Kettlebell No swings for a while, conditioning gone!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Halfakneecap

Level 6 Valued Member
So, I switched to C&P earlier in the year, and haven’t done swings since around Jan/Feb. I can definitely feel a lack of conditioning. Working back into S&S soon after a minor back issue and have realised how good swings are, from a conditioning point of view and also keeping my back happy.

ha, I'm feeling the same about my TGU. I switched focus for 5or6 weeks now from Swings+getups to Running+kettlebell. my swings are good because I continued it and also did lots of cleans. but my legs were tired so I backed off on the lunges and now feel the weakness in the 'standup' part of the getup. I plan to resume high volumes of lunges with the lighter bell...will get there when i can park my ego off:)

Double booked beers with my mate, and my daughters dance concert. Lunch time beers and on the train home for the dance recital. Got to the train station on my way home. The train was just pulling in. Sprinted from my Uber, up the stairs, across the bridge and down just to see the train pulling away. I thought I was in deep trouble haha. Thankfully it was a different train and I was on time.

But wow, sprinting up the stairs and over the bridge was pretty easy, and I recovered pretty quickly. Guess I haven’t lost that mich conditioning haha

Hello,

Before the first lockdown here in France, I was not able to run for about 3 months. Prior to that, most of my conditioning work came from LISS runnning. Therefore, at home, I only did S&S and Red Zone on a daily basis.

When I first ran again, on one of my regular trail, I just "lost" 15 minutes (2h of running instead of 1h45). So my guess is that LISS gains (in terms of conditioning) are extremely long lasting

Kind regards,

Pet'

The same thing happened to me. I took a break from swings and most kettlebell work to focus on barbells for the past 6 months. I jumped back into some swings this week and couldn't hit 100 reps! I'm happy that my focus is back on kettlebells—the clean and press, squats, swings, and getups—for the next 8 weeks.

Outstanding!
Yeah, I avoid running because it does ache a bit after. Zero problem today. Pretty happy. I was so surprised at how quickly I recovered too, I sprinted the whole way. Last time I sprinted was after months of physio after an hour of pre hab exercise.

2nd session of swings after a long break. First session the 32 felt light ( lots of cleans in the meantime ), so now I’m straight into 2H x 36kg. Did 7 sets x 10. Pretty confident I could have hit the 10x10, but I’m no rush. Really doesn’t take much to improve I guess haha.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom