all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Jedd Johnson - Inch Press Workout

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
It seems to me that the ones he gets are the ones where he keeps the bell connected to his trap for a push press effect and the ones he fails has the bell drift away before it should.

It seems to me that the ones he gets are the ones where he keeps the bell connected to his trap for a push press effect and the ones he fails has the bell drift away before it should.
As is the challenge with circus dumbbells. the wide handle and size makes them very difficult to get the power under them.

This is a fun tutorial on them that I saw recently and gave me some great tips.

I've always loved Jedd's down to earth approach and just his perseverance. Thought this video was worth a share :

I think I'd be using my loadable dumbbell handles and the Rogue dumbbell bumper plates for that.

I don't own dumbbell bumpers, but maybe for next year's fitness reimbursement......

(you know you've run out of stuff to buy when you buy dumbbell bumpers)

I guess strongmen need the fat circus handles, though.

This reminds me of an article I just read recently. Mark Henry was the first to be able to do it so you know it’s incredibly difficult: What Is The Thomas Inch Dumbbell - Can You Lift It?

"Thomas claimed that it was impossible to clean and press the dumbbell with one hand. In his lifetime nobody ever managed this feat, even the great Arthur Saxon and Reg Park couldn’t manage this."

At 78 kg and nearly 2.5" in diameter at the handle, this doesn't surprise me.

Jedd looks like he's slimmed down some of late. He's been at it a long time. I've "known" him online since probably 2000, so yeah, perseverance is certainly one of his qualities.

This reminds me of an article I just read recently. Mark Henry was the first to be able to do it so you know it’s incredibly difficult: What Is The Thomas Inch Dumbbell - Can You Lift It?
Mark Henry is a beast.
I think it’s pretty interesting that some of these old school odd lifts are getting smashed by pro wrestlers.
Although it is a shame that Vince told Mark he didn’t want him competing in strongman because he didn’t want the second strongest man in wwe. Could’ve done some crazy stuff for the sport.

Jedd is a friend and a great guy. I especially like that he's not afraid to share "failures" in training. He is a deep thinker too and puts as much effort mentally into devising new or different ways to train for feats or goals.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom