all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Progam for Running and mostly bodyweight

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

erwin

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello,

I am searching for a daily workout program for running and almost only bodyweight (can also be weighted, also some barbell/kettlebell exercises here and there are ok for me) .

Goal: good looks(lean and some muscles)
Motivation: getting better (repetition, weights and so on), variation
Reason: feel better but mostly to move my body and give him a break from all the sitting

Do you guys know a program that fits my need and its also proven that it works out well?

All the best

Last edited:
Hello,

I am searching for a daily workout program for running and almost only bodyweight (can also be weighted, also some barbell/kettlebell exercises here and there are ok for me) .

Goal: good looks(lean and some muscles)
Motivation: getting better (repetition, weights and so on)
Reason: feel better but mostly to move my body and give him a break from all the sitting

Do you guys know a program that fits my need and its also proven that it works out well?

All the best
Q&D and/or any of Geoff Neupert's stuff + zone 2 jogging.

Reactions: DrG
@Don Fairbanks
Thank you, but I am more searching for a program that has bodyweight and running in one program, so that it is coordinated on each other.

@Lotto
thank you also. I don't like TB, have tried some of the programs and they weren't that great, like it was for example the russian bear.

but I am more searching for a program that has bodyweight and running in one program, so that it is coordinated on each other.
What has worked for me in this regard is to pick a strength program that A) fits me needs/goals, B) doesn’t have strength training every day. Then on off days with no strength training scheduled, I run or bike LISS/Z1-2 as active recovery. You can gradually increase the length of the running conservatively.

Hello,

I'd go for something simple:
Everyday or so, 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps of a push, a pull and a hinge. You can even do the exercices as a circuit (using nasal breathing to pace yourself) to save time

Then, I'd run. Several plans can be done:
- 3 days a week: 1. Sprint interval, 2. Tempo run, 3. LSD
- 5-6 days a week: MAF running 30-40 minutes

Kind regards,

Pet'

@erwin. TB2 is not SF related. It has a mix of BW/BB with cardio/running mixed through. If you want BW only Never Gymless by Ross Enamait or the Kavadlo brothers are good.

TB2

I have read up again TB and i will stick to the Base Build for the next time. Today I did the first session (Strength-Endurance Circuit) and almost vomited. Any tips on that?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom