all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What kind of kettlebell warm up do yo do?

Whether I'm training in the gym with a barbell or with a KB at home, my warm-ups are pretty much the same. Rotation of the arms in the shoulder joints forward - 30 times and backward - 30 times. rotation of the hands in the elbow joints forward-30 times and backward-30 times. rotating the knees and ankles 10 times in each direction. Spin the waist 10 times in each direction. With that I finish and start loading the barbell. And if it's KB /trainings there are counted on fingers/, I do a few movements and start the training. I've been warming up like this for over 6 years. Sometimes I hardly warm up. For example, if I'm going to squat, I start with an empty bar for 10-12 reps, then 40 kg. for example, for 5 repetitions and I'm already starting to load through 10 kg. I really don't know if 2-3 minutes of warm-up are included.

Deadlift to stretch my hamstrings. Sometimes one-handed.
Further - just S&S warmup: prying squats, halo's, hip bridges, 3 rounfs. Second and third goblet squat with a heavier weight.
Sometimes, 2 more sets of squat for 10 and 15 reps with the heaviest weight, and 2 sets of naked turkish getups.

I call it "joint stuff" -

Pretty much all are done for 10 in each direction, or just 10 for something like seal swings or over and back.

Wrist circles
Elbow circles
Shoulder circles
Seal Swings
Over and Back
Edited to add: bow and bend
Trunk Rotations
Hip Circles
Knee Circles
Foot Circles
Head Circles
Then something I don't know what to call, but it stretches one legs calf and the other legs front

Last edited:
2 minutes on either the fan bike or Bike Erg to get the juices flowing
10 band dislocates/around the worlds
10 band presses
10 really light double snatches

Then whatever the highest reps are for the day in Giant with a bell 4kg lighter than the working sets. I keep meaning to add in haloes but never do. It does take a bit but I got used to longer warmups in CrossFit and see a benefit.

I have tried this warm up this week since beginning More Kettlebell Muscle "The Long Haul" complexes. Digging the complexes. Geoff's programs have been my favorite (I'm 37 and have a few dings from Wrestling/Football). That said before I get "schwetty" I want to get ready.

Figure locked in the house and eating too much for the holidays needs some metabolic nuclear options along with my 10-15k steps at school, home, and chasing kids.

Fun Warm up Its some joint rotations 3x2, some crawling 3x2, some tgu stuff 2x2 and some windmill 2x2

This guy is an SFG and his youtube channel is tragically under-subscribed. I also have been playing around with some GMB/Mobility or Jeremy Either's mobility stuff for recovery/off days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom