all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Exercises you hate, yet keep on doing

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
I am curious, which exercises are part of your regular rotation although you don't really like it?

For me it is mostly the KB clean. Being part of LCCJ and C&P, I actually do it a lot. And it seems to hit some patterns and muscle groups that are my weak links.

I am working on my technique but cleans never feel natural to me.

Well, TGUs and Goblet Squats used to be similarly awkward for me, but somehow I got the hang of it. So there is hope.

What's your favourite nemesis?

Barbell Squat which I do often and Deadlift, which I don't do often. I can't really say that I hate them, but they are the first exercises in the ranking that I don't like.
Of the KB exercises, I hate Swings the most. I'm not going to put any effort into Swings either.

Bench press and planks... and atg split lunges... and elephant walks.. and pretty much all the stretching.

Ok, might be easier to do it this way. I like deadlifts, squats, and overhead presses. Swings and snatches are alright too.

None. I took out the trash/don't benefit me anymore.
Windmills
One hand swings, I'll do a snatch, thanks for asking
TGU, last time I did 10 sets of 1,1 about 6 weeks ago with a 28 kg, my shoulders felt awful for 3 days. I could do the 88 for reps. That'll put me in the Hall of the Very Good
High Pulls, ugh when Geoff programs them in Kettlebell Muscle or MKM, I'll substitute the double snatch or cleans.
Double ballistics between the knees other than cleans. My knees get weird pain on the inside of the joint

Sprinting for conditioning- my wrestling coaches make me.

Good mornings are also up there, but I haven’t done them in a while.

I sprinkle in clean and jerks as they can be very demanding but if you use the right weight, they can get your conditioning up quickly and if you eat right, also make you sprout muscle in the right spots

I sprinkle in clean and jerks as they can be very demanding but if you use the right weight, they can get your conditioning up quickly and if you eat right, also make you sprout muscle in the right spots

Out of all the lifts, heavy C&J also makes me the hungriest.

Even more than squats.

I haven’t done it in a bit, but anything on a fan bike (Assault/Echo/Airdyne). It’s just the absolute worst.

It feels like the world can be divided into those who:

Love!Hate!
Rowing Machine
Assault Bike
Step Machine

Personally, while I dislike the assault bike, it's the step machine / stairmaster I really hate.

I've never met anyone who either loved or hated all 3.

None

I want to enjoy my training sessions and if I don't enjoy a movement there's a better chance that I'm going to blow it off. If there's a movement that I just don't like I find a movement that works the same areas or produces nearly the same results and do that.

Too much in life sucks to have the one thing I truly enjoy doing suck as well!

I can't say I "like" high rep kettlebell snatches, but it's the only real kind of cardio I do so, yeah, I do them.

I don't really like kettlebell windmills either but I know they do good things for me so, yeah, I do them.

Actually there are plenty of exercises I do that I'm not crazy about but I don't do anything I HATE in my training.

I don't like kettlebell swings all that much. I do them because people say they're important but I don't like them. I will say this though, when I don't have kettlebell swings in my daily rotation doing manual labor is a bit more challenging.

Back
Top Bottom